Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question How to Root Boyue Likebook Mars

Hello:

I'd like to know if there's a "tried and true" way of rooting the Likebook Mars.

Specifically, I'm trying to achieve the following with Boyue's OS/Launcher:
  • Remove the quotes widget form the home screen
  • Add the Calibre Companion widget to the homescreen
  • Customize the screensaver to the currente reading e-book cover (*)

I know that for (*) there is a workaround using Calibre Companion + Boyue's Wall Paper app / tool... but I'm looking for something a bit more automatic.

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 05-13-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:26 PM   #2
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
I'm not aware that anyone has figured out how to root it yet. You can change what's on your home screen by changing your launcher. I use Nova Launcher, and my home screen includes folders of apps, some widgets, and a quick launch row of apps at the bottom.

It would be nice to have a screensaver that uses the cover of the last book I was reading, but since I read different books with different apps, that could get tricky. I wonder if there is an app that can monitor multiple reading apps and use the cover of the latest book read in any of them as a screensaver.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boyue likebook mars, root, screensaver, widget