Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #1
madejx
madejx began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Onyx Boox Max 2 Boot loop/freeze

..Bought the Max 2 from the ereader.store/de, fully expecting to view/annotate PDF-s.
Perfect. As a professional musician, using it for reading and annotating score, and just taking notes. None of those battery issues, i´ve got google play working, on firmware 2.0, and some synology synching apps. All great.
All of the sudden, after a couple of months of use, it starts to reboot.
After opening a pdf (in Neoreader), it gives me like 5 pen strokes, then freezes and/or reboots. after maybe 30 retries, i give up, boot into recovery mode, wipe the cache, and factory reset.
Well. The first time it got me to the "select language screen", then locked up. Second time i came to the "calibrate the pen" menu. After that, I´m just stuck at the boot screen. And now when i try to factory reset it again, it shows the menu with like half the intensity of the greyscale. Or just bootloops. Help!
madejx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:11 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madejx View Post
..Bought the Max 2 from the ereader.store/de... Help!
Have you contacted Booxtor at the ereader.store about this issue? That would be where I would first look for a solution. I have generally found him to be quite helpful. He has even gone out of his way to help others who have purchased their Onyx devices elsewhere.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Looks like hardware failure. I know, it's annoying to send things to warranty service for a couple of days or weeks...
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:00 PM   #4
SoulFunk
SoulFunk began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox note
Did you solve the problem? My Onyx Boox Note does the same. It only works, if it is connected to my computer on USB. Otherwise it freezes and reboots until it freezes completely. I made a factory reset and I read that you can restore your removed data afterwards, but that also doesnt work. Everything is away, also notes for university. Can anybody help me? Thank you!
SoulFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 12:22 PM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
For my money, anything that randomly crashes on startup, until definitively proven otherwise, is evidence of a bad battery.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 06:33 PM   #6
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
For my money, anything that randomly crashes on startup, until definitively proven otherwise, is evidence of a bad battery.
Wanted to say the same

Sounds like the battery is dying and fails to keep its minimum-charge thus causing crashes.

Have read about this often.

Onyx Boox is famous for not having a charge-stop implemented and having devices where the battery dies after 1 to 2 years already..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Onyx_Boox/c...r_experiences/

I still own an 9.7" Hanvon E920 from 2012 that still runs on its original battery and still keeps a decent charge

Last edited by gamba66; 02-18-2022 at 06:47 PM.
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootloop, boox, freeze, max2, onyx