Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
clok1966
clok1966 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle Reader on PC without Amazon account-answered!

Is ther any way to read books on the PC KINDLE app without signing up with Amazon? I load it and it wants an account. I prefer not to set one up. Anybody?

Last edited by clok1966; 02-04-2011 at 08:12 PM.
clok1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
FWIW, I can read personal mobi documents and other non-DRM .mobi books on my K4PC without being registered.

Is already installed? Or did it require account to install?
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Older versions of K4PC would allow you to double-click a non-drmed mobi and read it without being registered (I used to do it), but I just tried it with my newer version and that no longer seems to be an option. Unregistered = unusable apparently

Sorry, I was mistaken... if you click on the teeny, tiny, almost unnoticeable "Continue without Registering" link, it won't prompt you to register anymore. Allowing you to read personal non-drmed mobi's at your leisure.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-04-2011 at 06:51 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
clok1966
clok1966 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Ou sir (or madam) are correct, just kinda small to notice. Just skip reg and Im ok.. Topic closed!

thanks!
clok1966 is offline   Reply With Quote