Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
St-Ambroise
St-Ambroise began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Is there a way to have Calibre automatically sync my library with my Kindle DX?

Hello, I'm new to Calibre and e-readers.

I wonder if there's a way to have Calibre automatically sync my library with my Kindle? I selected "automatic management" in preferences, but it doesn't seem to be working. For example, I noticed that the Kindle sorts books by the first name in author tag. "Bertrand Russell", for instance, will be in the B's, not the R's. To fix that problem, I changed my book's tags to "Russell, Bertrand". Then I plugged in my Kindle, expecting Calibre to automatically change the tags. But no, nothing happened. Any ideas?
St-Ambroise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Kindle doesn't have a separate metadata cache so that functionality wont work for it. You have to resend the books to update the Kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert