Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
Echofox
Echofox began at the beginning.

Device: none
eReader for PDF and annotations

Hiya,

Im after an eBook reader mainly for PDF's. Im doing medicine at uni and have alot of medical books in .pdf format, so I need to be able to read books clearly (including diagrams) and also do annotations (just basic things like high-light or add a note )

iPad's out of my price range, and anyway im after an e-ink reader to reduce eyestrain (im going to be using it for large periods)

Any suggestions ?

btw I live in the UK so cant get the Kindle DX

Cheers

Last edited by Echofox; 09-02-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Echofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Maybe the Sony PRS-650? It does OK with PDF's in landscape mode.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
Tomsk
Womble
Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KFHDX8.9, Fujitsu S1300, Voyage, K7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echofox View Post
btw I live in the UK so cant get the Kindle DX
I live in the UK and I got one.
You can order the DX from amazon.com.
It'll cost ~£320 after taxes etc.
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
Echofox
Echofox began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
I live in the UK and I got one.
You can order the DX from amazon.com.
It'll cost ~£320 after taxes etc.
Are you able to do basic annotations on the KIndle DX ?
Echofox is offline   Reply With Quote