Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Techonology is the best overall?
Reflective LCD 21 26.92%
E-Ink 57 73.08%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #106
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The record is that 12 days after this thread stopped you saw fit to re-engage by claiming offense from what one MR member said to another MR member.
Restating the forum rules is hardly an offensive act.

Quote:
There was no personal attack!
According to the forum rules it was.

Quote:
You quoted the rules,Poking someone after 12 days is deliberately provoking.
Quoting the forum rules does not equate to a poke or provocation by any sense of the words.

Quote:
I think you might want to consider...

It is easy to do.
That can be also be done by DawnFalcon-astra and yourself.

Quote:
The only member who "came out of the blue" is you.

There is a slogan/saying in the States, friends don't let friends drive drunk. I think the saying could reasonably be modified to say, friends don't let friends post off meds.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in other threads.
For someone who criticizes provocations, it is very troubling that you are trying to invoke them here. And I will not return your sarcasms. I am willing to end this, are you?

Last edited by akira28; 04-29-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #107
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Quote:
The record is that 12 days after this thread stopped you saw fit to re-engage by claiming offense from what one MR member said to another MR member.
Restating the forum rules is hardly an offensive act.
You may wish to have a friend clarify the quoted statement. I didn't say your action was "an offensive act."

I made certain assumptions , my apologies if English isn't your native language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Quote:
There was no personal attack!
According to the forum rules it was.
In my reading of the "personal attack" it was clear that the statement did not directly refer to you in any way, shape, or fashion. I don't want to assume anything a second time so just to be clear...

per·son·al adj.

Of or relating to a particular person; private: "Like their personal lives, women's history is fragmented, interrupted" (Elizabeth Janeway).
2. a. Done, made, or performed in person: a personal appearance.
b. Done to or for or directed toward a particular person: a personal favor.
3. Concerning a particular person and his or her private business, interests, or activities; intimate: I have something personal to tell you.
4. a. Aimed pointedly at the most intimate aspects of a person, especially in a critical or hostile manner: an uncalled-for, highly personal remark.
b. Tending to make remarks, or be unduly questioning, about another's affairs: As the student debate got heated, it got personal.
5. Of or relating to the body or physical being: personal cleanliness.
6. Relating to or having the nature of a person or self-conscious being: belief in a personal God.
7. Law Relating to a person's movable property: personal possessions.
8. Grammar Indicating grammatical person.

Again, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts in other threads.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #108
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Perhaps it would be better for all if this thread was locked....
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #109
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #110
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Maybe we change the title to "the thread that will not die" or the "Jetbook promotion" thread so that we can finally give it a rest.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 12:36 AM   #111
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #112
akira28
Nameless Being

Deleted

Last edited by akira28; 04-30-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:58 AM   #113
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Maybe we change the title to ... "Jetbook promotion" thread
Yeah, but everyone already knows all the hostilities were a only a put-on.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:19 AM   #114
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
you might as well burn your money if you're getting an lcd ebook reader
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:02 AM   #115
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapply View Post
you might as well burn your money if you're getting an lcd ebook reader
If that's the case I guess I should have burned $200 instead of buying my 2 kids each a jetBook.

I love drive-by posts by people that have something productive to add to the conversation.

I own an eInk Sony PRS-505 and bought a Non-backlit LCD jetBook for my daughter. I found it to be an inexpensive ($99) perfectly acceptable ereader. So much so I bought my son one too.

Don't get me wrong I prefer my eInk reader because there is less glare then the jetBook screen, but the truth is they are fine ereaders.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:12 AM   #116
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
I wonder how much development of reflective LCD is still going on. I would love to see some next generation stuff coming out. Lots of epaper on the way to production and to market, but other than ChLCD, we don't hear much about LCD on that front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	threadwontdie.mbe.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	50899  
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #117
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
You @!#$#^%$^& !#@$^%&&*( you woke it up again!
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #118
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
I wonder how much development of reflective LCD is still going on. I would love to see some next generation stuff coming out. Lots of epaper on the way to production and to market, but other than ChLCD, we don't hear much about LCD on that front.
Beware, akira28 is watching you!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #119
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
If that's the case I guess I should have burned $200 instead of buying my 2 kids each a jetBook.
Are you using rechargeable batteries? If not, I'd think you would quickly burn through the extra 50 bucks each you'd have paid for a pair of PRS300s buying batteries.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #120
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Are you using rechargeable batteries? If not, I'd think you would quickly burn through the extra 50 bucks each you'd have paid for a pair of PRS300s buying batteries.
An excellent point, rechargeable batteries work fine in these readers and yes I am using them.