Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does anyone ever remove the books that came on the jbl?

Most of the books on my jbl I have either already read or have no interest in reading. Hubby has no interest in any of them. Seems to me that those books are just "cluttering" up the internal memory and I am considering deleting them. Has anyone else ever done this? If I delete them will it effect my warranty (30 days Newegg/1 year Ectaco)?
Thanks.
clerky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
I connected mine to my computer via USB and deleted them from the comptuter. The jbl shows up as a disk.
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
Linda!
Enthusiast
Linda! has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
One of the first things I did with my JBL was to delete the books that came with it, the only one I kept was the CIA World Factbook. I felt that if I ever wanted to read any of the pre-installed books, it would be easy enough to download another copy online. If its just cluttering up the internal memory, the space saved could be put to better use.
Linda! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Copied mine to my computer, put them in my library as "jetbook". So they are there if I ever need or want them.

Since then they have updated the firmware, allowing SDHC cards which are pretty cheap.
So I've moved to putting everything on the SD card. With the SD card I can use a usb adapter, transfers much faster than connecting the jetbook.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I find it most practical to have all the books I add go on the SD card, and just have
left the internal memory alone. By just using the SD card for adding and maintaining
my eBook listing, I can use the much faster and more reliable USB 2 based media port
that I added to my computer.

Since I really don't need the books in the permanent memory, to be in the permanent
memory, I could move them to the SD easily enough.

I wonder what use could be made of the permanent memory, if the space were to be
freed up? Any good ideas? I would prefer to keep most normal books on the SD card.

How much space was freed up anyway? I would think the permanent memory would
be used mostly for the translation dictionaries.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Copied mine to my computer, put them in my library as "jetbook". So they are there if I ever need or want them.

Since then they have updated the firmware, allowing SDHC cards which are pretty cheap.
So I've moved to putting everything on the SD card. With the SD card I can use a usb adapter, transfers much faster than connecting the jetbook.
Yes I did the same . I keep several Sd cards with books preloaded on it and update it if needed.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I moved most of the preloaded books off onto my computer....freed up a lot of internal memory!!!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
gordoncanada
gordoncanada began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
I reorganized the folders and removed some of the books right off. As mentioned, when the unit is connected to the computer it shows up as a drive. The files and folders can be manipulated however you want. I find the changes don't always show up until I run Calibre with the unit connected. After if finishes registering the contents of the device all the changes show up.
Except for the JBL manual, which must be formatted for the Jet Book, I find all the books must be converted to another format (I use EPub) in order for proper viewing and for being able to adust the font size to my liking. It took me a while to find out font size changes do not show up until the page turn button is pressed.

gordoncanada
gordoncanada is offline   Reply With Quote