Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #226
carminis
carminis is on a distinguished road

Device: none (yet)
hey guys,

there's a new test report on the boox-60 for academic use online (german & -10% coupon code included).
carminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #227
diezmikel
diezmikel began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
Hi anyone know an online store for books compatible with the onyx. I have tried barns & noble but they don't work
diezmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #228
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Any ebook store selling Adobe ePub, or Adobe PDF (or Adobe Digital Editions) except B&N will work. Note that ePub is best if available. I like the Sony ebook store and Books on Board, and even FictionWise is now selling a few Adobe ePubs (and they have DRM-free multiformat ebooks that also work).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #229
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
I thought the Adobe RM 9.1 had support for pdb, the irex dr800 has it, maybe Onyx have not yet got around to implementing it
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #230
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpn Jack Flash View Post
I thought the Adobe RM 9.1 had support for pdb, the irex dr800 has it, maybe Onyx have not yet got around to implementing it
RMSDK 9.1 has support for ePub with passworded DRM (as used by B&N), but not for eReader (PDB) ebooks. The reason that iRex has eReader is that they have a license from B&N and will be using the B&N ebook store.

I don't think that Onyx has even implemented passworded ePubs, this is available in RMSDK 9.1 but it is up to Onyx whether they implement it or not on their devices. As a practical matter, it isn't currently possible to know if a B&N ebook will be ePub or eReader - so passworded ePub support isn't very useful yet.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #231
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by diezmikel View Post
Hi anyone know an online store for books compatible with the onyx. I have tried barns & noble but they don't work
B&N should work, but you have make sure that you get ePubs and not eReader books.

[Edit: Ninja'd by wallcraft. ]
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #232
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
RMSDK 9.1 has support for ePub with passworded DRM (as used by B&N), but not for eReader (PDB) ebooks. The reason that iRex has eReader is that they have a license from B&N and will be using the B&N ebook store.

I don't think that Onyx has even implemented passworded ePubs, this is available in RMSDK 9.1 but it is up to Onyx whether they implement it or not on their devices. As a practical matter, it isn't currently possible to know if a B&N ebook will be ePub or eReader - so passworded ePub support isn't very useful yet.
I stand corrected
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #233
diezmikel
diezmikel began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Any ebook store selling Adobe ePub, or Adobe PDF (or Adobe Digital Editions) except B&N will work. Note that ePub is best if available. I like the Sony ebook store and Books on Board, and even FictionWise is now selling a few Adobe ePubs (and they have DRM-free multiformat ebooks that also work).
Thanks, Books on board works fine although I have had problems enabling the boox on Adobe Digital Editions. Now everything works fine.
diezmikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx