Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 06:01 AM   #16
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
I am a big fan of regencies myself. In the last four months, I have read 80 of them and still have 50 to read (and keep buying them).
Julia Quinn, Suzanne Enoch, Marie Balogh, Eloisa James, Gayle Callen, Laura Lee Ghurke and Victoria Alexander are among my favorites. But I have a few more in store
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:19 AM   #17
Surfergirl
Enthusiast
Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505 (Blue)/PRS-505 (Red)/iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I've been meaning to check out Georgette Heyer. My friend recommended them and said she was awesome.
Georgette Heyer is absolutely *the best* Regency writer ever - I got addicted when I was in school and have got every single book she's written. Mary Balogh is also good, and I've just recently discovered Suzanne Enoch.
Surfergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #18
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I like Johanna Lindsey's books... errr (deepens voice), yeah, but I read them while eating a rare steak and drinking a six pack of beer...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #19
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
Georgette Heyer is absolutely *the best* Regency writer ever - I got addicted when I was in school and have got every single book she's written.
Yup. What she said. I only started reading other authors after I had collected and read ALL of Ms Heyers work.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
Georgette Heyer is absolutely *the best* Regency writer ever - I got addicted when I was in school and have got every single book she's written. Mary Balogh is also good, and I've just recently discovered Suzanne Enoch.
I love Suzanne Enoch. You should try Lisa Kleypas.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #21
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I like contemporary stuff. I used to order these books on-line from my library, but I swear the librarian was giving me looks. Being able to read in absolute privacy is great! I too found and downloaded all the Harlequin books - and since you all were so helpful, I was able to convert them for my kindle!

I am kind of cheap, so the bundles look good to me. I read the Best of Virgins bundle over XMas (I would say all but the 8th book were good) and now I am reading the first book of the Best of Temptation bundle, which is good.

I planned to show my kindle to someone over XMas, and my daughter (10) made me move all my "bad" books to an SD card, and remove it. That is the only problem - if I am reading, and someone expresses interest, I have to switch to another book. And if I am reading something called "Best of Virgins," I have to find something on another page!

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #22
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Debra - how funny re: the card thing. I completely empathize. I am a huge lover of romance!
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #23
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I am a huge romance reader although I like to hide this fact behind book covers! I like both contemporary (particulary those with some humor) and historical (mostly regency). I have recently been reading more of the paranormal romances for something different. Christina Dodd has a Darkness Chosen series that I really enjoyed and Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series is also very good. Lisa Renee Jones has another series through the Harlequin Paranormal series that is very good as well.
Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #24
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I like contemporary stuff. I used to order these books on-line from my library, but I swear the librarian was giving me looks. Being able to read in absolute privacy is great! I too found and downloaded all the Harlequin books - and since you all were so helpful, I was able to convert them for my kindle!

I am kind of cheap, so the bundles look good to me. I read the Best of Virgins bundle over XMas (I would say all but the 8th book were good) and now I am reading the first book of the Best of Temptation bundle, which is good.

I planned to show my kindle to someone over XMas, and my daughter (10) made me move all my "bad" books to an SD card, and remove it. That is the only problem - if I am reading, and someone expresses interest, I have to switch to another book. And if I am reading something called "Best of Virgins," I have to find something on another page!

Debra
I have that problem all of the time. People are like, what is that? And I have to switch to a classic or something. Oh yes, I'm reading "Crime and Punishment..." Right.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:35 AM   #25
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I like romances and my favorite authors are Jo Goodman, Jude Deveraux, and Judith McNaught and a few others.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #26
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I heard that a large portion of the population doesn't even read one book a year. I read at least one book a week. It may not be War and Peace, but it beats sitting in front of the TV, or sitting on the train staring into space.

Debra

PS To really play into the stereotype, I think ebooks are terrific for reading and knitting together. Leaves your hands free.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #27
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I heard that a large portion of the population doesn't even read one book a year. I read at least one book a week. It may not be War and Peace, but it beats sitting in front of the TV, or sitting on the train staring into space.

Debra

PS To really play into the stereotype, I think ebooks are terrific for reading and knitting together. Leaves your hands free.
I do not have nearly enough coordination for that!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #28
justlizz
Connoisseur
justlizz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
I also like romance books and one set that comes under romance but not really romance is Fern Micheals sisterhood well worth reading but read them in the right order it makes it better
I am trying to fill up my reader with books for my holidays in May going to France for 6 weeks and if the weather is not to good I will get through a lot of books so I have got my old boxes of books out and there are quite a few and rereading them some go back to 1990 which is quite good as I seem to have forgotten them and it is keeping me away from reader I have downloaded 44 so far but I am not going to start them untill may I hope
lizz
justlizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #29
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:

Debra

As a fellow knitter as well as romance reader (and someone who is originally from the Chicago area), do you use something to prop up your ebook for reading? My Sony 700 would be great to use while knitting because of the ability to increase the font size!
Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #30
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I started with Seventeenth Summer by Daly (I think?) back in 1960 and haven't quit. Mostly, I read historicals (Regencies are great), Paranormals, contemporaries, and romance series.
Favorites:
Stephenie Meyers - Twilight Series
Lora Leighs - Breed series all of them!
Sherrilyn Kenyon's - Dark Hunter etc. series
Christine Feehans - Dark Series
Christine Feehans - 7 sisters series
Christine Feehans - Game Series
All of the Nora Roberts series books
Lisa Kleypas,
Judith McNaught
Stephanie Laurens
Lynn Kurland
Madeline Baker
Amanda Quick
Amanda Ashley
Jude Deveraux
Jayne Ann Krentz
Diana Palmer
Kathleen Eagle
Elizabeth Lowell
and on it goes.

My goal is to replace all my favorite books in digital format. Saves lots of room!
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote