Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #61
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
That's great. I suspect the 'disable the light' cronjob works as well?
Sorry, but 'disable the light'? What's that?
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #62
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypaulie View Post
Sorry, but 'disable the light'? What's that?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200266
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #63
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
try it, find out, let us know.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #64
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
OK - I added the line to the root file but it doesn't zap the frontlight after a restart. I even took another look at the "new" root file to make sure the editing was done correctly. Any ideas?

Last edited by nypaulie; 11-29-2013 at 06:10 PM.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #65
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I fixed it. It works with my PW2.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=149
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #66
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I have not checked in here in awhile. Great news! (Until the next model)...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #67
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I have not checked in here in awhile. Great news! (Until the next model)...
Not until they replace Busybox and everything that depends on it (including all their scripting).
I don't think that is going to happen.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #68
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I gave yossarian17 max karma for such an awesome first post. Almost 32K karma upgrade (all I can give).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #69
Shkendra
Shkendra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 1 (kindle Dx)
Unhappy Jailbreak 5.4.2

I'm new to this all but I have the kindle paperwhite. Is this possible to jailbreak? If so how?
Shkendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #70
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Have you tried reading:

a) This thread's title
b) The top post
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #71
nixfu
nixfu began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite2
Sorry. Can someone explain the whole process for paperwhite2?

Do you install and do the "Update device" with this jailbreak script(in this thread) first, and the reboot and install the other main jailbreak after?

What order do you install them, and or do the update?

I am getting an error with the script in this thread:
jb.sh started
com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for property wakeUp (0x100 lipcPropErrInvalidState)
jb.sh ended

Last edited by nixfu; 12-29-2013 at 01:56 PM.
nixfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #72
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixfu View Post
Sorry. Can someone explain the whole process for paperwhite2?

Do you install and do the "Update device" with this jailbreak script(in this thread) first, and the reboot and install the other main jailbreak after?

What order do you install them, and or do the update?

I am getting an error with the script in this thread:
jb.sh started
com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for property wakeUp (0x100 lipcPropErrInvalidState)
jb.sh ended
Why not use the polished version here...
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #73
LadyKatherina
LadyKatherina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Hacker in training

Edit : NVM, Just worked with this script
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645

====

Hello

I've recently got my Kindle Paperwhite (PW2) and willing to jeilbreak it

I am not quite a hacker, but in training. Trying to run the "pw2-jailbreak -r 192.168.1.13 8000" command (with right Ip) but it says "-bash: pw2-jailbreak: command not found"

What am i doing wrong ? I tried copying the script file inside the Kindle
Where should it be ? :/

Please help

Last edited by LadyKatherina; 01-02-2014 at 07:08 PM.
LadyKatherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #74
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherina View Post
Edit : NVM, Just worked with this script
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645

====

Hello

I've recently got my Kindle Paperwhite (PW2) and willing to jeilbreak it

I am not quite a hacker, but in training. Trying to run the "pw2-jailbreak -r 192.168.1.13 8000" command (with right Ip) but it says "-bash: pw2-jailbreak: command not found"

What am i doing wrong ? I tried copying the script file inside the Kindle
Where should it be ? :/

Please help
Open the spoiler under the big red "Install" on the page to linked to above -
Read and follow the directions -

Lesson #1 to a wannabe hacker : read the directions.

Tags
5.4.0, jailbreak, paperwhite