Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #151
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I don't know if it's a rights issue or what, but there were unabridged versions of those two done at one time. They were read by C.J. Critt and put out by Recorded Books. Sometimes the CDs pop up for a "reasonable" $20-$30 price on eBay otherwise I've seen them priced quite high. You can also rent them through Simply Audiobooks which took over the rental program Recorded Books used to offer. Some public libraries might have the CDs (or cassettes ) too.

http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/audi...7/?link_num=1&
http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/audi...5/?link_num=1&
$40 is the cheapest I found them but yeah they are on my eBay watch list for sometime now. I got my sister looking for them at Garage Sales and Thrift stores too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #152
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just wanted to thank Blossom for recommending the Thoughtless series to me. I just finished the first, and I absolutely loved it. I can count on one hand the books that have made me cry, not tear up or sniffle, but full out cry, and this was one of them. I was so emotional at one point I had to stop reading and compose myself because I couldn't read the page anymore through the tears. Off to start Effortless now in between the heaps of laundry that got ignored yesterday.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #153
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oh you are in for a treat once you hit Seven Up because Lorelei King takes over as narrator. Unfortunately Book 5 and 6 Audiobooks not available in the USA only a badly done Abridge version by Debi Mazur is and I hated her voice. Lorelei King does an amazing job of the series. CJ Critt is okay but she has no where near the acting ability or voice variety that King does.

Feel free to talk about Romance audiobooks alot of us listen to them. Xe Sands is another favorite narrator of mine. I do have J.D Robb first two books and I will listen to them sometime this year. I have audiobook Recommendation. Julie Ann Walker's Hell on Wheels. There is only one but Abby Craden does a great job. I keep pestering DANL to add the others in the series. It's romantic suspense and it a 5 star for me.

Hmm I'm not sure I have a reading pattern. I just read one till I feel like I should stop there for the night then move on to the other one if I feel I can still read. Some nights I am just not into a historical romance so I switch over to something else. I read by Moods. I think there is nothing worse than reading a book when you're not in the mood for it. I don't know how professional reviewers do it. You wont enjoy it as much and you take something wrong. I use to think I had to finish every book but I've grown out of that. I have too many books to read in so little of time. I have been known to read 7 at a time but that's usually when I can't find a book to keep my interests. 3 is the standard for me currently.

Rock Chick series order
  1. Rock Chick
  2. Rock Chick Rescue
  3. Rock Chick Redemption
  4. Rock Chick Renegade
  5. Rock Chick Revenge
  6. Rock Chick Reckoning
  7. Rock Chick Regret

The first one is very Stephanie Plum like. The other follow a similar formula but she builds her own world.
Thanks for the series order on Rock Chick. I read the 'Hell on Wheels' series and would love to hear it on audio. I can't wait to get it now. I am so glad that you recommended Xe Sands because I just bought 'Fire and Ice' audio by Anne Stuart, another favorite author.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #154
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I don't know if it's a rights issue or what, but there were unabridged versions of those two done at one time. They were read by C.J. Critt and put out by Recorded Books. Sometimes the CDs pop up for a "reasonable" $20-$30 price on eBay otherwise I've seen them priced quite high. You can also rent them through Simply Audiobooks which took over the rental program Recorded Books used to offer. Some public libraries might have the CDs (or cassettes ) too.

http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/audi...7/?link_num=1&
http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/audi...5/?link_num=1&
Thank you for introducing 'simplyaudiobooks' to me. Never knew about them.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #155
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Just wanted to thank Blossom for recommending the Thoughtless series to me. I just finished the first, and I absolutely loved it. I can count on one hand the books that have made me cry, not tear up or sniffle, but full out cry, and this was one of them. I was so emotional at one point I had to stop reading and compose myself because I couldn't read the page anymore through the tears. Off to start Effortless now in between the heaps of laundry that got ignored yesterday.
I have decided not to cry this month, so this series will have to wait.
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #156
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
You see Thoughtless was not a book I would cry with. I more shook my head than anything. I know others who have cried reading it. I guess for me Kellan was too sensitive and he cried too much! I was too annoyed by Kiera's actions to give her any sympathy. Book two soften my heart for those two. I don't know how the author did it but by book three I was rooting for their HEA and yes I cried reading Reckless.

I can't stand a hero who cries unless he's like just lost his wife or something. I prefer alpha heroes but Kellan Kyle grew on me and I really like him now.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #157
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Thanks for the series order on Rock Chick. I read the 'Hell on Wheels' series and would love to hear it on audio. I can't wait to get it now. I am so glad that you recommended Xe Sands because I just bought 'Fire and Ice' audio by Anne Stuart, another favorite author.
I have that one but haven't listen to it. I need to start the series sometime this year. Sooo many books and so little time to read them all.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #158
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Sooo many books and so little time to read them all.
Truer words were never spoken ... and you'd think we'd stop buying them
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #159
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Truer words were never spoken ... and you'd think we'd stop buying them
I know and I just bought 3 more!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #160
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale @ Amazon $0.99

Shadow Dance by Anne Stuart
(Historical Regency Romance)
Formally published by Avon 1993
Note: Not her usual dark style but looks interesting.

Quote:
Valerian Romney, falsely accused of murdering his father, has no choice but to hide out in women’s clothes, posing as his brother’s wife, which makes falling in love with Sophie an admitted problem. In the meantime, his brother Phelan is falling for Juliette, who, disguised as a boy, is on the run from an abusive husband. Murders, mistaken identities, and true love are only some of the complications that abound.

An award-nominated romp of Shakespearean confusion.
Original Blurb:

Quote:
Wrongly accused of his father's murder, handsome Valerian Romney must flee his vengeful pursuers--ingeniously disguised as his older brother Phelan s "wife." But desire endangers the Romney's brazen masquerade.

For ruffles and lace cannot hide Valerian's fevered passion for the lovely and confused Sophie--while Phelan yearns for the tormented beauty Juliette, who has dressed in man's clothing to escape a heartless abuser. And now both peril and ecstasy await them all as they move in a seductive dance of deception--where every false, protective mask must ultimately be stripped away...to reveal the true, radiant and rapturous love beneath.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #161
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I spent too much at the B&N sale. Didn't buy the Quinn book though
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #162
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I spent too much at the B&N sale. Didn't buy the Quinn book though
I spent way too much! Let's see I bought $110 in Stephanie Plum Books. Hope Ramsey's latest book Several NA books and 4 Tracy Grant historical books and Just now 4 Anne Stuart historicals.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #163
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Taking Charge [Kindle Edition] Mandy Baggot (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-...154606011_f_38

Quote:
5-Stars!
"I absolutely loved this book!"
-Forget the Housework, I'm Reading Book Reviews

5-Stars!
"Another smash hit of a read!"
Nikki Bywater, Amazon Reviewer

“Robyn Matthers might be the most courageous and confident romantic heroine I have ever come across.”
-Rose McClelland, Judging Covers

Overview of Taking Charge

For nine years Robyn's been running from her past.

With her father in the hospital, his roadhouse in ruins, and the hockey team he manages slipping down the leagues, Robyn finds herself going home to take charge.

Cole Ryan is a hockey player on a personal mission who can't help but notice this quirky, opinionated girl that suddenly stumbles into his life.

Now Robyn must ask herself if she has time to contemplate a relationship or if she even wants one.

Above it all, she must find out if going back is her only way forward.

"A down to earth day to day storyline with dreamy romance and testosterone dripping from every page!”
-Rea Sinfield, Rea’s Book Review
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #164
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

A Little Bit of Deja Vu US DE by Laurie Kellogg. It's the first volume in the Return to Redemption series, latter volumes of which have been free in the past, so it's great to be able to pick up this one as well.

Quote:
Margie Bradford is picking up the pieces of her shattered life following her husband's death. When her cousin encourages her to make a fresh start with her teenage daughter, unsuspecting Margie takes a reading specialist job in the small town of Redemption, PA. The last person she expects to encounter is Rocket Manion, the ex-NFL quarterback and Dr. Phil wannabe who broke her heart nineteen years ago. Strangling her meddling cousin is now at the top of Margie's to-do list.

Divorced teacher and head football coach Jake Manion experiences an eerie sense of déjà vu when his son announces he's gotten his girlfriend pregnant. The feeling simply grows stronger when Jake learns the girl's mother is Maggie, the same woman on whom he's wasted nearly two decades of bitterness.

While planning their kids' wedding and helping them grow up too soon, Jake attempts to pick up right where he left off--in Margie's bed. But no matter how irresistible his kisses are, she isn't stupid enough to let him hurt her again. Or is she?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #165
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I guess for me Kellan was too sensitive and he cried too much! I was too annoyed by Kiera's actions to give her any sympathy.
I agree with you on both points. But, the author did such a good job with the triangle/immaturity/messed up-ness [hahaha] that it just got to me. Yes, I was so incredibly frustrated at times, but, the story got me, plain and simple.

Quote:
Book two soften my heart for those two. I don't know how the author did it but by book three I was rooting for their HEA and yes I cried reading Reckless.
I'm reading #2 now and already like the growth of characters, but inevitably I'm very frustrated with Keira again, but still root for her [and him].

Quote:
I can't stand a hero who cries unless he's like just lost his wife or something. I prefer alpha heroes but Kellan Kyle grew on me and I really like him now.
I 100% agree, but like I said, it was the overall emotion that got to me. Thanks again for recommending it.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote