Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #16
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I've only used it on FreeBSD so far, but the following syntax worked for me:

ereader2html MyBook.pdb dir_I_want_html_in "My Name" 1234123412341234

(obviously not cut and paste )

For me it just worked, but make sure you put the name in quotes though, especially if there's a space in it
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #17
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I was able to convert over 200 books (I spent way too much money at eReader over the years) with only 6 that failed to convert. 5 gave me an error stating that is was the wrong eReader version and the last was an out of range index error. That's excellent results.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #18
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I spent way too much money at eReader over the years
Ditto!! Thanks for this tool. My eyes were going bad reading on my Palm, so now I can take my purchased books and read them on another device. Having paid good money for them, there's no way I'm going to share them with anybody else .... but it's nice to be able to read them myself.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #19
Lomez
Lomez began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch, BeBook, Nokia N810
Like TallMomof2, I've spent way too much at ereader over the years (to the tune of +200 books). My heart skipped a beat when I saw there is now a way to be able to convert them! However, I must be a moron because I just can't get it to work. Would anyone be willing to clarify for me the steps involved (besides the installation of ActivePython, which I was able to manage, despite my apparent moronic intellect...).
Thank you in advance to anyone who has the patience to give me a hand!

Last edited by Lomez; 02-20-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Lomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #20
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
We are not supposed to help with this particular command, but I suggest looking at How to make Igor's script work for generic python and Windows command line info. Also, don't forget the double quotes.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #21
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I was able to convert over 200 books (I spent way too much money at eReader over the years) with only 6 that failed to convert. 5 gave me an error stating that is was the wrong eReader version and the last was an out of range index error. That's excellent results.
For the books in my collection that resulted in "wrong ereader version", I found that re-downloading them from my account page at ereader gave me books that worked.

I also have one (out of about 40) with the index out of range error.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #22
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was going to try and redownload the half dozen or so books and try again but I haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #23
mmumma
mmumma began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, ipaq, palm
I apologize for asking, but I simply cannot figure out how to make this wonderful script run. Mac OS X, Python 2.5, save the downloaded file as ereader2html.py but cannot figure out how to run from the command line. When it opens in IDLE I can run it and get the message describing the appropriate syntax, but cannot run it (and therefore use the proper syntax) from the terminal. Maybe it's an issue about proper paths, etc., but I would dearly appreciate it if an OS X user who has successfully used this script would spoon feed a dummy like me some directions. BTW, "how to make Igor's script work" does not fix my problem.....thanks in advance.
mmumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #24
mmumma
mmumma began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, ipaq, palm
OK, nevermind, I got it. As I suspected, I was having syntax issues with the path to the files. Works like a charm. Thanks so much for this tool -- now reading on iPod touch, my latest favorite reading device!
mmumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #25
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

I redownloaded the five or so books that didn't work and all but two converted. The two that didn't convert are bundles published by eReader so I suspect that has something to do with the problem. No big loss since they were freebies and if I want to read them I have my Palm and my Desktop.

The file that gave me the Index String error still had the error.

Still, this is a great tool!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #26
mateo
Enthusiast
mateo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire71
Can't get the darn thing to run here. No matter what I type, I get the same message:

Code:
: No such file or directory
so I don't think that's an error from the script. maybe i'm missing one of the dependencies. i have python 2.5 though.
mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #27
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

Do you have Python in your PATH command? I'm assuming you're on a Windows machine.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In Windows, from a command line, you type ...

filename.py options options options

Something like that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #29
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

Also be sure to navigate to the folder where your script is located.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #30
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
On a mac, my command line is:

/usr/local/bin/pythonw scriptname.py "bookname w spaces.pdb" anydir/ "Name On Card" last8digitsofcard

While I am sitting in the directory that has scriptname.py and bookname.pdb in it. "anydir" doesn't have to pre-exist. And, the code says you only need the last 8 digits of the card, so that's all I bother with.

Or <path-to>/scriptname.py if it isn't in the current path. For example: ../../scriptname.py
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote