Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast
Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tab M10
Question Use conversion to get proper TOC?

I have several multiple-books-in-one-volume (epub). I would like to separate them into individual books/files (epub). I have tried using 'Epub split' plug in. This works well for one of my volumes, but the other one is very poorly done. It has inconsistent and irregular chapter and book separations. Actually, the sections (I think that's what they're called) consist of either a title page (but not every title page) or about 500 pages of text, regardless of where the book and chapter breaks are. Doing a forced TOC using the convert books tool does not work because of the irregularities. I don't know enough to add strings to edit in the options sections of 'Epub split'. Also, since I'm not sure exactly what the formatting is, and since it changes, I'm not sure this is the best way to do this, at least for me.

I would like to find all the book and chapter breaks and add/edit the necessary format changes (<h2, etc.) directly. How do I open the epub to see and edit the formatting? Can I do it with MS Word? Is this the right approach?

Thanks for your help. As you can tell I'm really new to this editing stuff. I'm not super-techie, but I am a pretty good end-user.
Lori Reeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can also do it manually via the Tweak book option in calibre, but Sigil is a dedicated epub editor.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert