Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
interface tweak - can I customise double click ?

if I double click a book entry in main window, while the whole entry is highlighted, that opens the book in calibre viewer.

is it possible to tweak that behaviour e.g. to have it open in editor , or to open metadata screen instead. ?
I could not see an obvious way -either in calibre preferences or in the "open with" plugin customise options
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:22 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
if I double click a book entry in main window, while the whole entry is highlighted, that opens the book in calibre viewer.

is it possible to tweak that behaviour e.g. to have it open in editor , or to open metadata screen instead. ?
If you use the Open With plugin you can set ePubs to open in the viewer or an editor, see attached.

Also check out this tweak (Preferences - Tweaks)
Quote:
You can control the behavior of doubleclicks on the books list.

Choices:
open_viewer
do_nothing
edit_cell
edit_metadata

Selecting edit_metadata has the side effect of disabling editing a field using a single click.

Default: open_viewer.
Example: doubleclick_on_library_view = 'do_nothing'

You can also control whether the book list scrolls horizontal per column or per pixel. Default is per column.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	openwith.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	77061  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-28-2011 at 04:57 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 04:24 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so, specifically, how do I make double click = open in sigil
Old 09-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
so, specifically, how do I make double click = open in sigil
You can't, it wasn't one of the tweak options, you have to use the "Open with" plugin.

I use Windows, go to customize the plugin and you will see something like the image I attached above. Depending on your system one of the two entries should work. If Sigil is located elsewhere double-click on the application path window for Sigil then navigate to Sigil and choose the program file. Once selected click OK.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You can't, it wasn't one of the tweak options, you have to use the "Open with" plugin.
You could, if you associated Sigil with ePub files in Windows and deselected the internal viewer for ePub files.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
You could, if you associated Sigil with ePub files in Windows and deselected the internal viewer for ePub files.
more detail please. I already have sigil associated with epub file format in windows settings.

& I still want to access calibre viewer ( via the view button on toolbar). can I retain that AND get double click to open with sigil - 'twould seem not.

Last edited by cybmole; 09-28-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
more detail please. I already have sigil associated with epub file format in windows settings.

& I still want to access calibre viewer ( via the view button on toolbar). can I retain that AND get double click to open with sigil - 'twould seem not.
If you deselect ePub to open in the internal viewer and select the double click action to view, ePubs should be opening in Sigil on double click. They would open in Sigil when viewing, as well, though.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Good point, it didn't occur to me.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #9
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
If you deselect ePub to open in the internal viewer and select the double click action to view, ePubs should be opening in Sigil on double click. They would open in Sigil when viewing, as well, though.
yes that is what now happens, I don't use calibre viewer much though, and I've added a keyboard shortcut for ADE via the open with plug-in, if I want so see a .epub book in a reader ( & can remember which key! )