Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #2776
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Are the "Bigfoot" themed short stories available anywhere separately, without buying the anthologies?
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #2777
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
Are the "Bigfoot" themed short stories available anywhere separately, without buying the anthologies?
No, not that I'm aware of.

Librarian of Trivia, Emeritus
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #2778
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
The only way you can get them is via the anthologies. The only other option is to wait until there is another short story collection.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #2779
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The only way you can get them is via the anthologies. The only other option is to wait until there is another short story collection.
Hopefully the publisher will put one together.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #2780
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Hopefully the publisher will put one together.
Maybe alansplace should contact Jim Butcher and tell him he has one compiled and ready for publishing. I'll bet alansplace already has a cover and only needs to write a forward.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #2781
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Aw, gee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Maybe alansplace should contact Jim Butcher and tell him he has one compiled and ready for publishing. I'll bet alansplace already has a cover and only needs to write a forward.

Helen
Aw, gee!

Old 11-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #2782
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Aw, gee!

That is a serious suggestion. Might come to nought but so what I think he might consider it especially if you made it clear you expected no money. He might even go all crazy and give you money.

I am sure it would amuse you to write a forward. It could be as simple as a favorite quote from each story and we know you are good at picking them out.

Worst case, we would all read your forward and perhaps even chortle a bit.

Helen
Old 11-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #2783
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Thanks

Quote:
That is a serious suggestion. Might come to nought but so what I think he might consider it especially if you made it clear you expected no money. He might even go all crazy and give you money.

I am sure it would amuse you to write a forward. It could be as simple as a favorite quote from each story and we know you are good at picking them out.

Worst case, we would all read your forward and perhaps even chortle a bit.

Helen
Helen. I don't believe that there's yet enough content yet available for a publisher to be interested in publishing a second short story collection yet and besides Jim has already mentioned that he wants one to be published when enough stories are available (the publishing rights also must be available). He's even mentioned a title. IIRC it's either More Jobs or Side Jobs II.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #2784
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Helen
I too have a compiled ePub eBook with the shorts missing from Side Jobs. I know it would sell. But it would also drop the sales for the anthologies with these stories in them.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #2785
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Helen. I don't believe that there's yet enough content yet available for a publisher to be interested in publishing a second short story collection yet and besides Jim has already mentioned that he wants one to be published when enough stories are available (the publishing rights also must be available). He's even mentioned a title. IIRC it's either More Jobs or Side Jobs II.

I have s title that I like that would work for another collection...More Jobs on the Side.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #2786
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I too have a compiled ePub eBook with the shorts missing from Side Jobs. I know it would sell. But it would also drop the sales for the anthologies with these stories in them.
Not saying you are wrong as I don't know. For myself, I often read anthologies when I am looking for a new author, and I have bought anthologies based on an accreditation in a collection from one author whose books I enjoy thinking it will lead to some other things I enjoy and so far this is the case.

Speaking for myself only, I wouldn't buy an anthology for one story unless I thought I would like most of the rest. For example if a Dresden file story was published in a YA paranormal romance anthology. I would be far more likely to wait for a collection and even more likely to not give a damn. Too many books, too little time

Helen
Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #2787
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I wouldn't even need a collection. I'd be happy to pay $1.99 a pop for short stories released on their own.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #2788
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
I wouldn't even need a collection. I'd be happy to pay $1.99 a pop for short stories released on their own.
I agree wholeheartedly. I just can't be bothered to pay for a compilation of short stories where I'll only read one or two of them.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #2789
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I'm sure Jim Butcher already has a compilation of all the new stories (it would hardly be difficult to make) plus tentative covers, but I would definitely love to see a foreword written by the preeminent Dresden fan, our Fearless Leader alansplace. That would just be awesome!

And maybe he does need a cover too.

The Irrational Optimist's Club believes Skin Game will be released in:
21 DAYS!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #2790
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Golly-gee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I'm sure Jim Butcher already has a compilation of all the new stories (it would hardly be difficult to make) plus tentative covers, but I would definitely love to see a foreword written by the preeminent Dresden fan, our Fearless Leader alansplace. That would just be awesome!...
Golly-gee!

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy