Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #16
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
yes please let us know how the story evolves good luck!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #17
Gurubaja
Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.

Device: pocketbook pro 902
good news

thank you paola, good news:

i reported to the customer service that the PB doesn't receive chars from bt keyboards because it receives only navigation keys (arrows, enter, esc...).
I asked for a solution or a bug fix because this can not be a normal behaviour since PB garantees the bt keyboard support.

When I sent the mail, I received an automatic reply where they said that the request will be processed within 24H. That was true, in fairness I must report to the forum the professionality and the fast response of the PB customer service.

so, this is the crucial part of the tech support response:
"We know about this bug. Our technical team is working on the development of a new firmware update. All the information will be available on our official website."

We're waiting...

Summarizing all that I discovered about bt keyboards and PB and merging it with all I found in the forums, this is the actual situation:

1. Not all bt keyboards works with PB:
- white un-branded chinese flat bt keyboard marked IP17: DOES NOT WORKS! I tried this one also with nokia N8 and it works, but it doesn't work with blackberry.
- white un-branded chinese flat bt keyboard marked PA-BK02: it WORKS! (thanks to M@arcus)
- Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 CXD-00013: it WORKS! (tested by me)
- GeneralKeys PX-2556-675: it WORKS! (thanks to Dolansky)

2. at the moment (v2.1.3) there is no full char set compatibility between PB and bt keyboards. Only navigation keys works.
Same behaviour for PB902 Pro v2.1.3 and v2.1.2, and PV903 Pro v2.1.3 (tested respectively by me and M@rcus).
Based on what M@rcus and osowiecki said in previous posts, the problem was not present in PB903 v2.1.1 beta with keyboard layout set to english.
So, it seems that the bug was introduced recently.

I hope that I have been helpful for who, like me, needs to write a lot of notes while reading.
Anyway I'll go on developing my text editor waiting for the bug fix.

As I discover something new, I'll update the thread. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Gurubaja; 05-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Gurubaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thansk fro the update - which service email address did you use?
Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
Gurubaja
Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.

I filled out the feedback form in the official site http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/support, near the support center tel. number.
The request was forwarded to "help@pocketbook.ua".

Last edited by Gurubaja; 04-27-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #20
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Hi Gurubaja. Please update information in your post - BT keyboard was working correctly on PB Pro 903 with older firmware. Now I have tested it with 2.1.3, with same result as you on 902 - only cursor keys and enter are working.
Sorry for confusion with 903 - I was not aware that something what was working in old firmware could/would be messed up in newer. (You know it in IT - never try to change something, what is working.)
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #21
Gurubaja

prev post updated

Thank you M@rcus, post updated.
Now I'll try to test the bt keyboard with previous 2.1.2 official (no fast version).

update: tested also with PB 2.1.2 official, bt kb doesn't work.

Anybody knows if it is possibile download somewhere old beta firmwares?

Last edited by Gurubaja; 04-30-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #22
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
well, lucky me

i got a bt keyboard with a german layout, and i remember to additional choose the english layout in the main configuration as the first placed one and the german to the second one to work. i thougt i ve done this with the 2.1.2 beta with the fast display driver. so i was able to write notes, search for words in the dictionary etc. i jumped the 2.1.3 one because i currently testing 2.2.1alpha and it work also. i got
a 903.

Last edited by Dolansky; 05-02-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:40 AM   #23
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
well, lucky me

i got a bt keyboard with a german layout, and i remember to additional choose the english layout in the main configuration as the first placed one and the german to the second one to work. i thougt i ve done this with the 2.1.2 beta with the fast display driver. so i was able to write notes, search for words in the dictionary etc. i jumped the 2.1.3 one because i currently testing 2.2.1alpha and it work also. i got
a 903.
Dolansky, which brand/model is your bt keyboard?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #24
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
GeneralKeys PX-2556-675 it was labeled as an BT keyboard for the iPad
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #25
paola
Wizard

thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
I tried a keyboard from a colleague (china model without even any Part numbre on it). It works. I can look up words in the dict.
But I have some trouble with poterm:
I can't just type right away when it opens. I have to open the input dialog start the keyboard and the send the command with the "OK" button.
So I can us it, but only after I have used the stylus to open the on screen keyboard, then I can use the BT keyboard instead of the onscreen one, but have to send the command again by tabbing on the screen. That's kinda PITA.
So whats the trick to use it right away in poterm, without the pop up dialog?
EDIT:
fw 2.1.2

Last edited by mclien; 07-10-2012 at 12:24 AM.
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote