hello began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5130
worst thing about 505

well, what is? what is terrible?
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Here is something terrible: I don't have one.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
They don't sell outside the US.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The battery only lasts three weeks.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think the worst thing is I have to wait a week.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
libprs500 is not tuned for it. However that can be corrected here.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 AM   #7
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It costs $300!

(And before someone starts an argument, I know all about the costs of the screens and all that, but I believe it is the biggest hindrance to the device(s) being more popular. Heck, I'm a huge reader and I was comfortable enough with my Palm TX; I never even considered getting a Reader until I had the chance to get it for $60, which I consider a reasonable price. Sony was smart to put that credit card offer out there. I'm sure they brought in thousands and thousands of users who never would have considering buying an ebook reader otherwise.)
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:43 AM   #8
Kilarney
Connoisseur
Kilarney doesn't litterKilarney doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Agreed. $150 is the magic price point for me. It's got to be cheap enough that I don't have to think too much about the purchase. Let's face it, books work fine for most people.
Kilarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #9
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
So far it's been a great device. Much thinner and screen is definitely better than the 500, not orders of magnitude but very noticibly better.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #10
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
One more thing. The box is dual language French and English and so is the documentation. I would expect this thing to be sold in Canada before too long.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilarney View Post
Agreed. $150 is the magic price point for me. It's got to be cheap enough that I don't have to think too much about the purchase. Let's face it, books work fine for most people.
I suspect we're a couple of years away from the point where such devices can be profitably sold for $150. As production racks up, though, manufacturing costs should start to fall.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As far as the new screen, what I want to know is how it handles in direct sunlight.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All eInk screens are excellent in direct sunlight - that's one of their strengths! Or are you referring to the screen darkening in excessive heat?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
All eInk screens are excellent in direct sunlight - that's one of their strengths! Or are you referring to the screen darkening in excessive heat?
I'm referring to the screen fade in direct hot sunlight.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
well, what is? what i s terribl e?
To be serious for a moment, I'll tell you what I feel is the worst change Sony made with the 505.

The cover is the worst change Sony made with the 505. Instead of connecting to the cover via a connector on the back, it it like a hinge on the side at the top and bottom on the left side (when facing front). When you fold over the case, it sticks out on the right side making it awkward to hold.