Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Game of Thrones Begins Tonight on HBO

Just a heads-up for those who enjoyed GRR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, beginning with A Game of Thrones.

HBO showed the first 15 minutes as a preview last weekend, and between that and all the reports I've seen, this promises to be well-done.

If you don't have HBO, check anyway, because they're offering it free to some areas, maybe because the ratings and sales so far are already outstanding.

A few links:
Viewers Guide, schedule, and other extras, including the first 15 minutes, at HBO:
http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/a...nes/index.html

Not sure if this is officially sponsored by HBO or not, but it's big:
http://winter-is-coming.net/

Martin's blog, where he's covering it as well:
http://grrm.livejournal.com/
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I'm all set to record! ;o)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I can hardly wait! I didn't watch the 15 minute preview, as I didn't want to spoil my experience watching the series premiere (which I unfortunately won't be able to watch with my husband - he's really been looking forward to it, too ). I usually watch the previews for things, but in this case I want to be surprised (well, as surprised as someone who read the whole series could be).
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We're counting the minutes here, too.

KK, we have it scheduled to record too - and we're going to be watching the DVR closely to make sure it grabs the whole thing, because the show's timing is weird - it's scheduled for 8:00 - 9:05.

Latin, I almost wish we hadn't watched last week, either. We couldn't stop ourselves.

As a this is weird note, our live cable guide says they have some sort of preview starting at 7:45, tonight, but I'm not sure whether it's the same or something different. What's strange is that, on HBO's channel guide, it says they're showing "The Making Of GoT" at 7:30... but then doesn't show GoT at all, so...
Old 04-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
so it feels like we got through what? Chapter 3?
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
Piper_
~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
so it feels like we got through what? Chapter 3?
It felt something like that to me, too, but I just checked the chapter summaries on Tower of the Hand, and it actually covered the first *9* chapters.

I thought it was awesome, though. Can't wait until next week!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:53 AM   #7
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Downloaded the HD episode, I'll watch it this night. I'm almost afraid, with all the hype around this series. But I guess it won't disapoint.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Too bad it will be some time before i can legally watch that. (if ever !) ** sighs **
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Time to check some newsgroups then...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I'm going to watch at least the first episodes that way. Then we'll see if I'm motivated enough.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
That always...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
We Watched it Last Night....

Hubby has read all of the books but I have not.

His first impression is that the show was well cast. there was only one of the young girls that caught him by surprise, and I think that was in a positive way.

I had intended to read the books before hand, but never got around to it. My first impression, is that I'm going to have to pay very close attention, as there are a lot of people, places, and plots involved. Hubby did pause every once in a while in order to explain or fill in a few things. I was enjoying the show up until the very last scene which disturbed me, greatly. I'd love to talk about it in more detail, but I do not know if spoilers (tagged as such) would be welcomed in this thread.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Hubby has read all of the books but I have not.

His first impression is that the show was well cast. there was only one of the young girls that caught him by surprise, and I think that was in a positive way.

I had intended to read the books before hand, but never got around to it. My first impression, is that I'm going to have to pay very close attention, as there are a lot of people, places, and plots involved. Hubby did pause every once in a while in order to explain or fill in a few things. I was enjoying the show up until the very last scene which disturbed me, greatly. I'd love to talk about it in more detail, but I do not know if spoilers (tagged as such) would be welcomed in this thread.
I would think that discussing it in spoilers would be ok... or! I'll just start a spoiler thread for it!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Thank you for creating the spoiler thread, Kindlekitten.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #15
EowynCarter
Wizard

I went looking for the game of throne ebooks.
and look at that :
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/A-Gam...CXQ/page1.html
These idiots changed the covers... Really....