Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
ray-reid
ray-reid began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone (Kindle)
Xevicom Forever - A Free Graphic Novel

[Please repost at 300 pixels in height - Moderator]

Hi All

I thought you might be interested in my science fiction graphic novel, Xevicom Forever, which is now free. Rather than selling the file via amazon, the comic is available as a free PDF download from my website (www.xevicom.com). This way you can read it on the go, or in color on your PC/laptop. As for the actual work, this is a project that I have been working on for the past seven years, periodically updating and revising it as the mood suits me. It is a rather abstract piece based around three interlocking stories rather than following a straight-forward narrative. If you enjoy trying to piece together the meaning of works you might enjoy this, but if the ending of Inception annoyed you I would maybe avoid it. Here is the official blurb:

Quote:
Love can Build a Wall. Hate Can Tear it Down. Justice Stands Forever. Welcome to the incredible world of Xevicom Forever, the startling graphic novel from science fiction and fantasy author Ray Reid. Step into the nightmarish future city of Xevicom and explore the interlinked lives and experiences of three very different characters struggling to survive the rigors of life in Xevicom City. From a former Xevicom Police Agent racked with guilt and a need for revenge, to the exploits of murderous vigilante, the Prophet, and the struggle of one man forced to pay a terrible price for standing against the notorious Shockwave serial killer, Xevicom Forever is a whirlwind of incredible images and stark tales.

Written by cult science fiction author Ray Reid, Xevicom Forever is illustrated in a multitude of styles by artists Michael Bushnell, Alex Cowles and George Williams who combine cell shading, digital painting, rotoscoping and Indian inks to bring Xevicom's nihilistic world to life.
Here is the trailer, if you like that sort of thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7SoMpYIALs

To install simply copy to the documents folder of your Kindle and enjoy. I've just remade the site, with a new forum/blog, etc, so feel free to comment on that also as all feedback is greatly appreciated - you can find it all at www.xevicom.com

If you like you can follow us on facebook and twitter also: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xevico...r/334794885264 and http://twitter.com/#!/xevicom

Thanks for reading, looking forward to speaking to you all,

Ray Reid

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-01-2011 at 06:36 PM.
ray-reid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic, graphic novel, science fiction