Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #16
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
I actually agree with the comment about the size of the device. One reason that the iRex device appeals more to me is the large screen size. My ideal e-reader would actually be A4 size or something similar - perhaps about the size of a typical textbook. It would lose a little in portability, but I think it would be worth it for the page size.
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #17
Antoine of MMM
Mobile Ministry Magazine
Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nokia N75/N800 Internet Tablet
For many people, the 4x6in (800x600px, 93dpi) device would be perfect. If someone could do that and add no more than an inch to that measurement, then it would be a great device. e-ink definitely helps that, but battery tech will have to come a further way in making e-ink the stampeeding tech that it is.
Antoine of MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #18
jimmyc
jimmyc began at the beginning.

yo

An e-book will be much easier on the eyes than a pda or a paper book, as long as the font choices are decent.

I love cheap magazine subscriptions !
jimmyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #19
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I get absolutely no thumb or eye strain with my Toshiba PDA, running ClearType, and I can read it in any light, all day or night.

However, it's true that polarizing sunglasses completely opaque the screen for me (unless I turn the PDA, or my head, 90 degrees). I see this problem with a lot of LCD-based products (many watches have the same problem), and with certain plastic films like the anti-fog visor shield on my motorcycle helmet. That's why I avoid polarized glasses and sunglasses whenever I can.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 04-03-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote