Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-09-2016, 04:38 AM   #1
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Exclamation Registration 'Human Verification' not working?

I recommended Mobileread.com to a neighbour recently. He came back to me and said he was having trouble registering because there is no visible 'Human Verification' (captcha) at the bottom of the registration form page.

I tried to do it with him on my computer and had the same problem. I thought it was probably a Firefox thing as we are both using it, so I tried Opera but had the same issue there.

Any idea what's causing the problem?
Thanks.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:36 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I did a quick test with Safari on a Mac, and could see the captcha. Perhaps a temporary glitch? Or try with Chrome?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:41 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Is he running any security add-ons in his browser? I'm using Firefox with the NoScript add-on, and when I logged out and tried to go through the registration process just now I couldn't see the captcha either. Then I selected "Allow all [scripts on] this page" from the NoScript menu and the captcha showed up on the page.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:34 AM   #4
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
I figured it out. We are both using a program called HostsXpert that maintains a HOSTS file that blocks all malware and add servers, guess the Captcha is being served from one of the blocked servers.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:29 AM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
All's well that ends well!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote