Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #1
pstjmack
Connoisseur
pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Android tablet
How to import bookmarks into the Kindle Fire Silk browser

Here's the way I found to get my browser bookmarks into the Silk browser. But oh, I wish that Amazon would fix this problem with proper bookmark management.

http://teleread.com/amazon/how-to-im...-silk-browser/
pstjmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:12 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I clear Silk's data so much due to freezing that I never use bookmarks. A cloud feature like Chrome has would be nice.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-12-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 AM   #3
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I clear Silk's data so much due to freezing that I never use bookmarks. A cloud feature like Chrome has would be nice.
I clear it all the time too. Gee, you would think after such a long time they would get Silk to work properly...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:20 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It gets more sluggish and buggier with ever update. Silk actually works perfectly on the Fire Phone so I know it can be done on the tablets.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:49 PM   #5
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It gets more sluggish and buggier with ever update. Silk actually works perfectly on the Fire Phone so I know it can be done on the tablets.
No problem here and my estimate is that Silk freezes less often these days (and though I have had to Force Stop Silk a few times I have never had to do more than clear cache.)

Suggest you install a second browser, I have Dolphin. Then Silk will know it must either obey or be ignored.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I don't use Fire tablets often enough to put non needed apps on it. Silk has never work right on my KF7 or KF6 I do have the new Silk though it just showed up one day a few months back. It's so sluggish compared to the old Silk which just froze most of the time.