Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
Double Twist

There was an article in the NY Times about an Android APP called Double Twist that is supposed to allow Android enabled devices to sync up with iTunes and download music off of an iTunes library. Has anybody tried it? I'm trying not to be too adventurous with strange apps on my PE's.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/te...ref=technology
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I tried to download it last night from my PE but the page wouldn't load in my browser. Then I registered with Google's android market on my PC and tried to get it from there but they told me I don't have an android device.

Then I tried to download it from my eDGe from Google's market and was AGAIN told I don't have an android device (while I was ON my android device lol) so around 2am and many tries later I gave up and went to bed.

A pox on Doubletwist I say!!!

(Does look rather cool, though)
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I tried to download it last night from my PE but the page wouldn't load in my browser. Then I registered with Google's android market on my PC and tried to get it from there but they told me I don't have an android device.

Then I tried to download it from my eDGe from Google's market and was AGAIN told I don't have an android device (while I was ON my android device lol) so around 2am and many tries later I gave up and went to bed.

A pox on Doubletwist I say!!!

(Does look rather cool, though)
You could try setting up an android emulator on your PC and using that to get to google market.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
aglick
Enthusiast
aglick began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
i use double twist on my samsung infuse phone, but personally i hate it. it skips and is just a real pain in the ass. the only reason i have it on my phone is because my phone won't take music from my itunes without it.
aglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Ivan. I emailed support on the website, so we'll see if they respond. If not, I may look into trying your suggestion. It's weird, because the Amazon app store installed fine and I've tried out some of their stuff. They don't care what kind of device I have lol.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
DianNC
Banned

Haha -- just got this email from google support:

Quote:
I appreciate you taking the time to write in today. According to our records, the device that you are using is not supported for use with Android Market at this time.

The Android operating system is open source, which means that any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices. However, Android Market is an application created by Google that is only made available to devices that pass Google’s compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install Android Market on their devices.

For more information about the Android Compatibility Program, please visit the following link:

http://source.android.com/compatibility/index.html

If you have any further questions, I recommend contacting the manufacturer of your device directly. I’ve provided a link below for your convenience:

www.entourageedge.com

If I can assist you further with anything, please don't hesitate to let me know. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Tonya
The Android Market Team
Old 09-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
DianNC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglick View Post
...but personally i hate it.
Oddly, that made me feel better LOL.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
Cool

Quote:
Haha -- just got this email from google support
If I can assist you further with anything, please don't hesitate to let me know. Have a nice day!
:
George Carlin is dead - yet somehow he lives on.
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Amazon app store installed fine and I've tried out some of their stuff. They don't care what kind of device I have lol.
Amazon designates some apps to be run on tablets only and PE/EE is a phone from their point of view. Trying to install such app gives an error "This app is not compatible with your device".
The perfect example is Trip Journal. I've created an emulator for Android 3.1, installed Trip Journal and then transferred it to PE and it runs perfect. Actually, it's designed to be run on Android 1.6.
Another example is Mantano reader. Trying to fix some other problem (developers force it to be installed on SD card, which doesn't work on PE) I had to sign it to be installed. But they recognize that the certificate isn't Amazon's and refused to run.
So, Amazon also is trying to control the apps you download.

Last edited by ptsenter; 09-19-2011 at 07:49 PM.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote