Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Duokan Install Help

I have a K2 International running 2.5.4 - When I copy the three Duokan folders to the root along with the three .bin files found in the Duokan\DK_System\DK_Update\k2\DK_System\bin folder, the option to "Update Your Kindle" is still grayed out. Am I missing a .bin file somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if it makes a difference, this is a completely vanilla Kindle with no jailbreaks or other tweaks installed
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupstin View Post
I have a K2 International running 2.5.4 - When I copy the three Duokan folders to the root along with the three .bin files found in the Duokan\DK_System\DK_Update\k2\DK_System\bin folder, the option to "Update Your Kindle" is still grayed out. Am I missing a .bin file somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if it makes a difference, this is a completely vanilla Kindle with no jailbreaks or other tweaks installed
You only need Update_DK_k2i.bin It is in 升级包 folder, not in a subfolder of a DK system folder.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks - it looks like when I extracted the files originally, the files with Chinese names didn't survive. I didn't have a 升级包 folder. I re-downloaded and extracted, and now it's there. Thanks.
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote