Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Fewer free ebooks???

There appear to be far fewer free ebooks mentioned in the various sections here these days.

Is this because there are fewer to mention or because no one looks for them any more (or perhaps because AT Drake is gone)?

. . . . Pete
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Pete, I'm not finding them. Many of the ones I see I have posted before.

I get so little feedback in terms of karma points or comments that I don't know if anyone downloads the books I post, and I don't know what people are looking for. Of course, everyone is able to start his own thread with his own favorite category if he wishes.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2019, 02:13 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I get so little feedback in terms of karma points or comments that I don't know if anyone downloads the books I post, and I don't know what people are looking for.
I tend to follow books you share, since we both seem interested in classic, pulp stuff.

I've never understood what the deal is with karma, so I never do anything with it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I follow you both, and I appreciate the listings.

Karma (in my opinion), is a waste of time, although some people seem to like it.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #5
jmontano
Enthusiast
jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmontano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I had no idea this forums gives karma. Seems the equivalent to "thanks" in other forum software.
@GA Russell I appreciate your contributions and certainly with hit "karma" more frecuently
jmontano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I closely follow the MYSTERY thread, and less closely, the SF thread, and often pick up books. I too don't care much about the karma, and have felt silly interrupting a thread just for a two word "thank you". I shall do more of that in future! Meanwhile:
Thank you!

edit: What happened to ATDrake? Or did he just ghost?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Apparently he just wandered off.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:28 PM   #8
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Pete, I'm not finding them. Many of the ones I see I have posted before.

I get so little feedback in terms of karma points or comments that I don't know if anyone downloads the books I post, and I don't know what people are looking for. Of course, everyone is able to start his own thread with his own favorite category if he wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontano View Post
I had no idea this forums gives karma. Seems the equivalent to "thanks" in other forum software.
@GA Russell I appreciate your contributions and certainly with hit "karma" more frecuently
GA, without actually crunching the numbers, your average karma amount per number of posts seems to be _higher_ than the average.

I see two important advantages to the karma system. One is to say "thanks." For many people, feeling that their work is appreciated causes them to want to do more of it. Second, which posts get karma and which ones don't, serves as a kind of a poll which helps posting members to know what people like and, therefore, what to expend their effort on posting and what not to expend their effort on.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #9
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
I get so little feedback in terms of karma points or comments that I don't know if anyone downloads the books I post...
I appreciate you and others posting links to free and discounted books. And also just posting books that you've read - I research many of the titles just to check if they might be a new idea for something I'd like to read.

I don't know what karma is as it relates to this forum, except that you have ten times as much as I do. I sure that must be a good thing. Congratulations!

[ But we've all heard that saying, "Karma's a b*%$*!h", ... so I'm not 100% sure I should wish for any more of it! ]
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:29 PM   #10
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I get so little feedback in terms of karma points or comments that I don't know if anyone downloads the books I post, and I don't know what people are looking for.
I don't know what I'm looking for.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #11
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I don't know what I'm looking for.
#1--cheap or, better yet, free.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #12
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I was wondering the same thing not too long ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I closely follow the MYSTERY thread, and less closely, the SF thread, and often pick up books. I too don't care much about the karma, and have felt silly interrupting a thread just for a two word "thank you". I shall do more of that in future! Meanwhile:
Thank you!

edit: What happened to ATDrake? Or did he just ghost?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #13
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Guys and gals, in my view the problem is not a matter of thanks (although I certainly appreciate that!). It is that I get zero feedback. I have no idea which if any of my posts are downloaded. If people don't give me feedback, I am going to conclude that no one is interested.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:50 PM   #14
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Guys and gals, in my view the problem is not a matter of thanks (although I certainly appreciate that!). It is that I get zero feedback. I have no idea which if any of my posts are downloaded. If people don't give me feedback, I am going to conclude that no one is interested.
Guys and gals--You don't have to write a letter, or interrupt the thread to give feedback. There is that little place, above the amount of karma that you wish to give, where you can comment. I don't know how many characters (a,b,c; 1,2,3, etc.) that you can use, but it must be pretty substantial--I don't remember every filling it up.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #15
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I tend to post pretty much to my taste, hoping others share it, rather than so much posting what others will like. I do also post other titles I recognize, even if I'm not personally wild about them (especially in the thriller genre). Still it's nice to get a bit of karma or a thank-you every now and then. I do mostly agree, though, with not interrupting a thread solely for a thank-you post, unless there's a special reason.

And, although I don't always do it (not least because I haven't already read all the titles I post, or if I'm just in a hurry), I do like it when folks add a bit of personal input if they have it, even if it's just, "I liked this book". For example, I really appreciate the folks who post and comment in the science fiction/fantasy thread, because I do like this genre, but don't follow it very closely, so I have little idea of authors beyond the "classics", like Asimov and Heinlein, whom I might like. And I've picked up on two or three series I've enjoyed, just based on posts in that forum.

JMTCW...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote