Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 09:39 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You'll probably find that essentially all the conversion has done is to extract an image of each page and wrap it with sufficient markup to create a Mobi formatted book.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2022, 08:17 AM   #17
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You'll probably find that essentially all the conversion has done is to extract an image of each page and wrap it with sufficient markup to create a Mobi formatted book.
I took a look at the free sample and that is definitely what has happened. It is not a PDF wrapped in MOBI format.

Amazon's Kid's Book Creator program creates a fixed layout book in KF8 (azw3) format with a single JPEG image on each page. It also has the ability to add popup text to pages, which is a feature of children's books on Amazon, but that feature is not used in this book.
Advert
Old 01-02-2022, 09:58 AM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I took a look at the free sample and that is definitely what has happened. It is not a PDF wrapped in MOBI format.

Amazon's Kid's Book Creator program creates a fixed layout book in KF8 (azw3) format with a single JPEG image on each page. It also has the ability to add popup text to pages, which is a feature of children's books on Amazon, but that feature is not used in this book.
That's even worse than a PDF.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #19
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That's even worse than a PDF.
I agree. A PDF-based print replica Kindle book would add the ability to highlight and annotate text, allow links, and a few other features. For this book it probably doesn't matter much since there is so little text.
Old 01-02-2022, 01:46 PM   #20
BrianHayesMusic
Brian
BrianHayesMusic doesn't litterBrianHayesMusic doesn't litter

Device: none
Thank you, davidfor, I will try that.

Sirtel,

I contacted KDP and they verified that it is, indeed, a MOBI file. As I mentioned, I knew it was a Mobi file when I uploaded it and thought it was strange for them to convert it back to a PDF before publishing. As mentioned, the conversion was done using Kindle Kids Book Creator:

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201562880

The folks at KDP are perplexed as to what is making you think it is a PDF?

Nevertheless, for anyone following this thread who is experiences similar issues, I'm hoping much of this info will be useful.
Advert
Old 01-02-2022, 01:48 PM   #21
BrianHayesMusic
Brian
BrianHayesMusic doesn't litterBrianHayesMusic doesn't litter

Thank you, davidfor, I will try that
Old 01-02-2022, 08:31 PM   #22
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice

the OP reposted it here ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=344155

BR
Closed Thread