Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2020, 05:14 PM   #1
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Use another directory than /tmp for temporary files ?

I keep having problems when adding or converting book, with and error message "no space left on device".

My /tmp partition has only 500 mb free.

Is there a way to force Calibre to use another directory than /tmp to store its temporary files, for instance using ~/tmp ?
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:22 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR in ==>> Environment variables

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2020, 06:31 PM   #3
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
See CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR in ==>> Environment variables
Thank you kind sir.

But if I may impose further, the link you gave me tells where to store the environment variables under Windows.

Alas, I am running under Linux, and the manual is strangely silent about the location of macos-env.txt in that OS ;-3(

Would you perchance know where it is supposed to be kept ?
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:49 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Ah, so you can also make a link so /tmp is somewhere else or on an added disk mounted at /tmp
I too run Linux. If you show "hidden" files there is .config in your home directory and in it is calibre for the user. I've no idea about the environment variable. Perhaps simply creating the enviroment variable in the console in the normal manner with the desired location works.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:01 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How you set environment variables in linux depends on the linux distribution, google it for your distribution.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2022, 08:17 AM   #6
ewok2
ewok2 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Hello
I have the same problem. (And I also am under Ubuntu)
my /tmp is not only used by calibre and I don't want to creat symlink...

I set the env variable CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR in "/etc/environment"
and after reboot the echo $CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR give the good answer whatever the user (root, calibre, or another user) is.

but after a stop and start calibre the calibre files are stil in the /tmp directory...

Any idea to make it work
ewok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:59 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
/etc/environment is used by shells. Unless you arerunning the server via shell it wont see that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:36 AM   #8
ewok2
ewok2 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I have seen "environment variables can be accessed system-wide, by any user or process"
So I thought it would works...

So I have set in the service calibre-server the following line :

Quote:
Environment=CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR="/anotherpath/tmp"
and it seem's to work

Thanks
ewok2 is offline   Reply With Quote