Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-28-2017, 06:18 AM   #1
nirosan
nirosan began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Error on running Sigil via Qt-Creator

Hey,

in my thesis i want to extend sigil with new functions.
I imported sigil via Qt-Creator. After import I can build Sigil also successfully but
if I run then I get the error:

This application failed to start because it coul not find or load the Qt platform plugin „windows“.

I already searched in google and tried many solutions like create platform folder and adding the qwindows plugin but nothing helps

If I try it on another pc I get this error:

python module 'encodings' not found

Can anyone help me please?

I get the first error on: windows 10; 64-bit
Second error on: windows 7; 64-bit

Thank you
nirosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Even after successfully building, Sigil has to be installed to be run on Windows. The makeinstaller target creates the proper directory structure for Sigil to run. Building/running Sigil with QtCreator is unsupported on Windows. You might be able to get it to work, but you're certainly on your own with it. The standard Windows build instructions for Sigil explain how to create the necessary Sigil installer.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-28-2017 at 09:06 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes trying to build and run Sigil under QtCreator is unsupported and not easy to do. That said I often use QtCreator to edit and change Qt's ui form files. I will also often create standalone small apps to invoke new Dialogs and classes to test them via QtCreator before integrating them into Sigil.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote