Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-22-2021, 07:00 AM   #1
quigo
quigo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kobo vs Kindle for scheduled news downloading

Is it possible to email calibre generated daily news ebook from a website to a Kobo ereader?
quigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:45 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I see you have a Kindle.

Are you contemplating the purchase of a Kobo? If so, which one?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is a mod available for the Kobo that does allow delivery of content via email. I've no idea how successful it is. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342245

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:58 AM   #4
quigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I see you have a Kindle.

Are you contemplating the purchase of a Kobo? If so, which one?
I have the kindle paperweight 3rd generation. I was torn between going for the latest version of the paperweight and the Kobo libra 2. I am looking for more storage space as well as being waterproof.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #5
quigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is a mod available for the Kobo that does allow delivery of content via email. I've no idea how successful it is. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342245

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Thank you for that bit of info
Old 12-23-2021, 06:18 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigo View Post
I have the kindle paperweight 3rd generation. I was torn between going for the latest version of the paperweight and the Kobo libra 2. I am looking for more storage space as well as being waterproof.

Let's hope it's a Paperwhite rather than a 'Paperweight'.

Good luck in your search.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote