Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
billykazee
billykazee began at the beginning.

Device: New Kindle Non Touch
Smile jailbreak /firmware update query

Hi , I recently bought a brand new kindle paperwhite 2 off ebay (It was an unwanted gift) The first thing I did when I got it was to jailbreak it and install custom screensaver hack.Worked perfectly.Once I had sideloaded a few books I went to create a new collection but the option was greyed out. It turns out it has to be registered to open that option however although the Kindle sees my router and connects to it(The wi-fi icon is at the top of my kindle) it will not let me register it saying it cannot connect at this time.After contacting Amazon it turns out I have to update to the latest firmware in order to be able to register the device and create collections. My question is if I update to the latest firmware 5.9.4 when I update the kindle will it still be jailbroken and contain custom screensavers. I am currently on firmware 5.4.0 and my paperwhite is a 6th generation I think. Serial number starts B0D4 . I would love to have the option to create collections but I don't want to lose the fact that my kindle at the moment displays the cover of the book that I am reading. My previous ereader was a kobo which automatically displayed the book cover unfortunately I don't think the build quality was as good because it got to the stage where the kobo would not charge or be recognised by the pc no matter how many different cables were used.Thanks in advance for any advice
billykazee is offline   Reply With Quote