Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
vonbonds
vonbonds is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad, Nook
Borders eBook download viewing options

Hello all,

I have a stupid question. I want to purchase a book from Borders in their digital format but read it on my MacBook Pro as it is a technical book that I would want to use as a reference for work. I have never purchased an eBook before, I believe Borders uses the ePub format. Would I be able to view it on my MacBook Pro and iPad or will I only be able to read it with some other device?

Thanks...

Tom

Last edited by vonbonds; 08-22-2010 at 02:53 PM.
vonbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I believe Borders/kobo sells ePub and PDF. Either way, you can download the Kobo Reader app on your iPad or MBP and read whatever you buy from Kobo. Is it somehing only Kobo sells? You could also check B&N since you also have aNook.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
You can use Adobe Digital Editions to read Borders/Kobo books (that are available in ePub, which is most of them).

You might want to try it out using one of their free books before spending the money. Actually many free classic books don't have ePub available, so be sure to look for one.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote