Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #16
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Wow, de-flippin' WOW! How soon can I have a copy? This looks awesome!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #17
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
This looks really neat, I'll be glad to beta test it.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #18
garyyoung
garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolegate View Post
If you can think of anything else you'd like the app to do, please let me know. I look forward to hear from you.
Since it's built with .NET, this is probably out of the question, but it would be nice if it were cross-platform (i.e., if it would run on Linux and Macs). Do you think it would run with Wine? I'd be glad to try it out if you'd send me the file.
garyyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #19
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I'd love to try out a copy, if you still need testers.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #20
avezunchik
avezunchik began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 301, Nokia N810
Adrian, where can I get your manager? Will it work for Oldest Kindle DX, firmware 2.5.5?
Million thanks
avezunchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #21
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
If you need any additonal testers I would love to give it a whirl when my K£ arrives.
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #22
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Hi everyone,
...It allows you to drag and drop ebooks (PDF & mobi) that are already present on your device into new and existing collections....
Does this mean it does not work with .azw files?
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:08 AM   #23
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
If you are still looking for testers, I'd be happy to help!
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #24
acolegate
Kindle App Developer
acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Not yet, but I'm working on adding that feature.
acolegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:11 AM   #25
acolegate
Kindle App Developer
acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
Does this mean it does not work with .azw files?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #26
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Is that because of the hash-like names used for them in the collections.json file? (I was looking at it awhile ago and gave up trying to figure out what hashing/encrypting algorithm they're using to come up with them. )
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #27
avezunchik
avezunchik began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 301, Nokia N810
Adrian, unfortunately it does not work for me yet. It sees my collections (Kindle DX oldest model, firmware 2.5.6), but when I try to change and update them then everything disappears from my kindle. However, your application still reads collections. So probably there is some difference in format of js file between different Kindles 2 ,DX
avezunchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:44 AM   #28
acolegate
Kindle App Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
Is that because of the hash-like names used for them in the collections.json file? (I was looking at it awhile ago and gave up trying to figure out what hashing/encrypting algorithm they're using to come up with them. )
I've already worked out how the hash-like identifiers are encoded for both DRM and non-DRM files, so there's no problem there.

The code I'm testing right now (v0.4) uses (and creates) these identifiers and now supports PDF, MOBI, PRC and AZW files. I'm currently adding Topaz support.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #29
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Quote:
I've already worked out how the hash-like identifiers are encoded for both DRM and non-DRM files, so there's no problem there.

The code I'm testing right now (v0.4) uses (and creates) these identifiers and now supports PDF, MOBI, PRC and AZW files. I'm currently adding Topaz support.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #30
acolegate
Kindle App Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avezunchik View Post
Adrian, unfortunately it does not work for me yet. It sees my collections (Kindle DX oldest model, firmware 2.5.6), but when I try to change and update them then everything disappears from my kindle. However, your application still reads collections. So probably there is some difference in format of js file between different Kindles 2 ,DX
Can you mail me a copy of a working collections.json file so I can see the differences.

Thanks

Adrian

Tags
collection manager, collections, kindle, kindle 2, kindle 3, kindle dx, manager