Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
iOS4.01 update out..now?

Someone just pinged me that its available-anyone see it yet?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Someone just pinged me that its available-anyone see it yet?
No. Good grief, I just installed version one yesterday.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
No. Good grief, I just installed version one yesterday.
Ahahahha, Maggie, my wife installed 4.0 on her 3G yesterday as well-it took 2 hours!!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
no. it isn't. and there won't be a 4.01 as 4.1 was just released to developers yesterday and won't be out for the general public for a bit yet.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
no. it isn't. and there won't be a 4.01 as 4.1 was just released to developers yesterday and won't be out for the general public for a bit yet.
Weird. I was told both 4.01 and 3.21 for iPad were both out.
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Ahahahha, Maggie, my wife installed 4.0 on her 3G yesterday as well-it took 2 hours!!
Me, too. 3G, long time. I also was downloading from Audible, which is having server problems. Loads of fun. I tried to download a book about U.S. presidents over two days. Lincoln probably took less time to write the Gettysburg Address.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
dwharrison
Info Geek
dwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
4.01 was just released. Its sole fix is to modify how the signal strength meter is displayed.

http://gizmodo.com/5588091/download-...signal-display

No iPad or iPod Touch version; this is just for iPhones.
dwharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
There is an update for the iPad version 3.2.1 I've connected it to the PC and the update popped up, currently backing up and downloading update but will not install just yet, I'll wait a bit

Update:

iPad update:
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity
- Fixed an issue that could prevent copy and paste of single-page PDF attachments in Mail
- Addressed an issue that could cause video playback to freeze
- Improved reliability of video-out when using iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
- Added Bing as an option for Safari's search field Reply

No multitasking yet think i'll wait for version 4

Last edited by Gibbo; 07-15-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #9
kjk

Damn, I'm gonna have to steal my iPad back from my son to update it tonight.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
what a confusing mess.. they need to get the OS versions in sync for all devices.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
Maggie Leung
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
There is an update for the iPad version 3.2.1 I've connected it to the PC and the update popped up, currently backing up and downloading update but will not install just yet, I'll wait a bit

Update:

iPad update:
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity
- Fixed an issue that could prevent copy and paste of single-page PDF attachments in Mail
- Addressed an issue that could cause video playback to freeze
- Improved reliability of video-out when using iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
- Added Bing as an option for Safari's search field Reply

No multitasking yet think i'll wait for version 4
Thanks much for this, Gibbo. None of that would help me, so I'll hold off and see what else comes along.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Just got the iPad update, working great so far.....

WIFI is great, just like before... but some on the iPad forums that did have problems with WIFI before are saying it is better now.... anyone here?

Last edited by Bremen Cole; 07-15-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #13
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Just got the iPad update, working great so far.....

WIFI is great, just like before... but some on the iPad forums that did have problems with WIFI before are saying it is better now.... anyone here?
Not sure yet. I'm one with the wifi issue, but it had decreased pretty significantly about two weeks ago. It's down to once a day at most, usually every other day, and only the Connecting... message, not asking for the password. So it's going to take a day or so for me to really be able to tell for sure.

My wifi "bars" seem stronger though. LOL They're not fluctuating as much. Another signal miscalculation?

As for the iPhone 4.0.1 update, yeah, skipping that one. It's bricked a few phones over on MacRumors, apparently, and I couldn't care less about what the signal looks like so long as the phone is functioning. I'm more interested in any hardware tweaks they may decide to make.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #14
dwharrison
Info Geek
dwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS, Kindle 2
I applied 4.01 yesterday and am averaging two bars less than before. Of course, the underlying signal strength has changed and from analyses I've seen yesterday, I do appreciate the greater "truth in advertising" of the new display.

One related note; I had been experiencing some lagginess in iOS 4.0 on my 3GS, but 4.01 so far has been much smoother. I will need a few days to be sure, but it does seem as if applying the update has affected more than just the signal strength meter.
dwharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #15
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Anyone have a link to a video or audio feed of Apple's news conference today at 10am PST?
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote