Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
DX Price lowered to 423!

There was a poll in November projecting the price decline...I chose November...only 2 months off though.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:38 AM   #2
jft
Enthusiast
jft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
Was it an error? The old price is up (again). I bet there was a heated discussion yesterday and after the IPad flopped amazon.com could not see a real competitor in the book field and increased the price again.
jft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The US DX price is now $399!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
The US DX price is now $399!
I just looked, and I still see $489. link?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
I'm sorry but I'm looking to the Amazon page and it says $489.

Best
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
markbot
Guru

Maybe I was looking at the US DX, not the international one? Was the US one $423 before?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
Tyler_D
Tyler_D doesn't litterTyler_D doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
markbot,

I think you were looking at the page for the US version of the DX. When I go to that page I see 19 used from $399. However, the global wireless DX is still $489, I think. Here is a link to the US version site
Tyler_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still $489 for me also...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
markbot
Guru

ooopsie daisies
Old 01-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Hehe thats how rumors were born :-)
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #11
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Hehe thats how rumors were born :-)
hehe exactly. We shouldn't be suprised to see the current DX drop to $399 or less very very soon though.

Amazon better hurry up and release their color Kindle DX!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Do they still offer the Kindle DX in US Version? (In other words, the non-global version?) I don't see any new units accept the global ones. I'm really interested in the DX for reading PDFs, especially now that the iPad seems to be a little more than a larger iPod touch. However, if it is only available for $11 less than the iPad, I might go with the iPad instead.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #13
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Do they still offer the Kindle DX in US Version? (In other words, the non-global version?).
Nope.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Do they still offer the Kindle DX in US Version? (In other words, the non-global version?)
Not new anyhow. You may get lucky and be able to snag one as refurbished...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thanks for the information. I'm still having a hard time deciding which reader or iPad to get. I already have a Sony PRS300 which I love for reading novels and typical eBooks. But I want a reader that will display PDFs that were originally in 8.5 inch x 11 inch format and are single column. These are government publications I need to read as part of my duties with the USCG Auxiliary. There are tons of these and I would spend a small fortune printing them out. I can read them on my desktop and my netbook, but the Sony is too small. I can convert some of them, but once again they usually become difficult to read or navigate when converted to ePub, plus I don't like having to take te time to convert them. The best solution for me would be a handheld device with at about a 9 inch screen capable of viewing the PDFs natively and in portrait view. I like to recline and read. There really doesn't seem to be any good options. I considered the Sony PRS900, but if its screen is as bad as the 600 I used to own, then I would not be happy with it. Besides, the 900 would have to be used in landscape and sony does a strange greying out of the middle of the page when in landscape mode--at least the 600 did.