Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 11-13-2016, 11:14 AM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Broken Clip

Sadly, my Clip Sport has lost its clip. This happened just last night, but already it has become extremely annoying. I've never had a clip break off before, thought Google searches seem to indicate that it is a frequent problem, and the solution seems to be gluing some other kind of clippy thing to the back, except I don't know where to get these clippy things (I have never seen mini clothespins anywhere); metal or plastic binder clips that I have on hand seem way too tight. And I am not good with glue anyway--it never seems to hold.

What I really need, I think, is some sort of little pouch or case that allows full access and has its own clip. Or some other simple and cheap solution. Any ideas?

While I was considering just replacing the Clip Sport entirely instead of fiddling with the clip, I noticed that Best Buy is advertising an exclusive 16 gig Clip Sport with Bluetooth, for $60. But there's apparently no card slot.

P.S. Here's the SanDisk information page about the Bluetooth-enabled Clip Sport Plus.

Last edited by Catlady; 11-13-2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: P.S.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:19 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Sadly, my Clip Sport has lost its clip. This happened just last night, but already it has become extremely annoying. I've never had a clip break off before, thought Google searches seem to indicate that it is a frequent problem, and the solution seems to be gluing some other kind of clippy thing to the back, except I don't know where to get these clippy things (I have never seen mini clothespins anywhere); metal or plastic binder clips that I have on hand seem way too tight. And I am not good with glue anyway--it never seems to hold.

What I really need, I think, is some sort of little pouch or case that allows full access and has its own clip. Or some other simple and cheap solution. Any ideas?

While I was considering just replacing the Clip Sport entirely instead of fiddling with the clip, I noticed that Best Buy is advertising an exclusive 16 gig Clip Sport with Bluetooth, for $60. But there's apparently no card slot.

P.S. Here's the SanDisk information page about the Bluetooth-enabled Clip Sport Plus.
A brand new Clip. I missed that. Thanks for the heads up.

It doesn't have a card slot and there's no Audible compatibility (though they are working on it). Also, it's IPX5 water resistant (protection from water jets, no immersion).

I have no answer for a clip replacement. I had the clip break on one of my Clip+s, so I filed it down to get it fairly flat. I actually prefer it without the clip.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
A brand new Clip. I missed that. Thanks for the heads up.

It doesn't have a card slot and there's no Audible compatibility (though they are working on it). Also, it's IPX5 water resistant (protection from water jets, no immersion).

I have no answer for a clip replacement. I had the clip break on one of my Clip+s, so I filed it down to get it fairly flat. I actually prefer it without the clip.
When mine broke I also filed down the back. Honestly, I usually just stick it in my bra, holds ok in there. My mom also sewed me a little fabric bag with a slit on the side for the headphone plug to go through. She used a long shoe string to go around my neck. Literally took her 15 minutes, but even at 90 she is an amazing seamstress. I can't do anything like that. I'll take a pic if you want.
S
Shoot, forgot. Check the battery life when using Bluetooth on that new Sansa. I know they were talking about it on a forum, pretty short.

Last edited by silverraven; 11-13-2016 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Forgetful!! :)
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
When mine broke I also filed down the back. Honestly, I usually just stick it in my bra, holds ok in there. My mom also sewed me a little fabric bag with a slit on the side for the headphone plug to go through. She used a long shoe string to go around my neck. Literally took her 15 minutes, but even at 90 she is an amazing seamstress. I can't do anything like that. I'll take a pic if you want.
S
Shoot, forgot. Check the battery life when using Bluetooth on that new Sansa. I know they were talking about it on a forum, pretty short.
But in a bra or a bag, the player controls wouldn't be easily accessible. I'm always needing to pause a track or adjust the volume, especially when I'm out and about, and that's when it would be most inconvenient. My latest idea is to duct tape a safety pin to the back--I thought of this as I used up the last of a roll of duct tape on something else, so I can't try it out!

I saw the reports that Bluetooth drastically cuts the battery life on the Clip Sport Plus. I was initially somewhat excited about the new device, but the lack of a card slot is a deal breaker at that price point. And I actually dislike everything about the Sport except the battery life anyway; I much prefer the Clip Zip.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:10 AM   #5
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
If you have a dollar store nearby you might check to see if they have any generic phone cases. Some of the smaller ones in my local stores seem to be designed for small flip-phones and are a good size for the Clip.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert