Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
binkman71
Enthusiast
binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505; nook
New Sony Reader owner!

Hi all, I'm Kevin. Been reading these forums on and off for a while during my research phase for an ebook reader. Finally, two weeks ago, broke down and bought the Sony PRS-505 on their "Mother's Day" James Patterson special here in the USA, even though it wasn't for my mother! Course, now today I read about the iLiad lite -- durn it! If that thing costs about the same as my Sony in the States, I might have to consider jumping ship already!

At any rate, not sure how frequently I'll post, but now I'm an official member!

K.

P.S. -- <-- what's with the page turning smilie?
binkman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkman71 View Post
If that thing costs about the same as my Sony in the States, I might have to consider jumping ship already!
No way... it's going to be more than $500. The conversion of 399GBP to dollars today is $780.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Kevin and welcome to the Forum. I lucked out and found a 505 for $170 back in January and like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
binkman71
Enthusiast
binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
it's going to be more than $500. The conversion of 399GBP to dollars today is $780
True, but the regular iLiad still sells for $699 here, so they can't reasonably make the lite version more expensive. However, they could make it $599, at which case, still too much.

K.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkman71 View Post
True, but the regular iLiad still sells for $699 here, so they can't reasonably make the lite version more expensive. However, they could make it $599, at which case, still too much.

K.
Right... isn't there a €150 diff between them, and that is about $230. So, $230 less than $699 is $470.... So, I'm estimating it will be around $500. I hope it's less... but doubt it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello binkman71, enjoy the 505 !
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
binkman71
Enthusiast

Welp, according to an offical US seller:

http://www.ereaderoutfitters.com/iRe...k+Edition.html

$599

Sheesh. I could get another Sony and have spent that much total between the two.

K.