Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #451
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=441, has the exact configuration needed for calibre to create shelves for each series on the device. To quote it:

Quote:
As you are doing book and collection management in calibre, you probably want the following options set in the KoboTouch device configuration:

- In the shelf column include: series
- "Create Bookshelves": checked
- "Delete Empty Bookshelves": checked
- "Set Series information": checked

Save the configuration and then disconnect the device, and reconnect. At this point, the driver will do the shelf and series management for all the books in the calibre library that are also on the device. After this, try the "Order Series Shelves" function.
Doing the above will put the series shelves on the device with all the books in the series. But, it happens at the NEXT connection.

if you want to use more than one column to specify the shelves, you simply put the names of each column in the field separated by a commas.

An important thing that has not been explicitly stated is that the shelf management is one way. When you connect to calibre, it will update the shelves for all books in the calibre library and that are on the device. If you put one of these books on a shelf manually using the device, it will be changed when you connect to calibre. But, if you have books on the device that is not in the calibre library, the shelves for them will not be changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:21 AM   #452
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.6.0

I have just updated version 1.6.0 of the plugin. This one has a few changes in it.
  • New: Added tiles: "Release Note", "Categories".
  • New: Firmware check and download. This is courtesy of jgoguen.
  • New: Automatic backup of the device database.
  • New: After batch reading position store, display list of changes.
  • Changed: Added options for using sort versions of title and author or the plugboard when updating metadata.
  • New: Spanish translation courtesy of Terisa de morgan.
  • Fix: Clean images directory handles new images storage in FW2.9.0 and later.

Some of these need some more explanation.

Firmware check and download

When this is turned on, the it will check for a firmware update once a day when the device is connected. The check uses the devices information to check for the firmware. But, there is a "early adopters" option to check using a different affiliate. This may report firmware is available earlier than with the devices option.

If a firmware update is found, you will be prompted with the version and whether to download it. When the download is complete, you will be prompted again about keeping the update and disconnecting to apply the update.

Finally, if update files are found when the device is connected, you will be prompted whether to keep these or not. If you choose not to keep the files, they will be removed.

The firmware check can also be started from the plugin menu.

Automatic backup of the device database

The first time the device is connected each day, the device database is backed up. The backup file is created with the timestamp as part of the name. The name aslo includes the model and serial number. This allows for backups for multiple devices. Once the backup is done, a database integrity check is done on the file. If there is a problem, the backup file has "CORRUPT" added to the name an an error is shown.

The backup can be configured for where to store the backups and how many copies to keep.

After batch reading position store, display list of changes

Instead of a simple prompt with how many changed reading positions there are, a list of the changes is now displayed. This shows the title, author and the current and new percent read and last reading dates. Each line has a check box. If you don't want to update the position for a book, uncheck that book. The changes are stored in the library when the "OK" button is pressed. Pressing the "Cancel" will discard all the changes.

This will be displayed after the automatic store or after running a batch store.

Added options for using sort versions of title and author or the plugboard when updating metadata

The update metadata dialog now has options to use either the plugboard or the sort title and author. When using the plugboard, it sets the title and author to the same values used when sending the book to the device. This only updates the device database, not the book on the device.

A big thank you goes to jgoguen and Terisa for their help with this release. And to my beta testers. If anyone sees any problems, please report them. I'll fix them as soon as possible. If you have suggestions for improvements to functions or new function, I'm happy to hear them.
Advert
Old 03-22-2014, 07:28 AM   #453
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you for your new version, and the update metadata with plugboard is very nice for me (and it works well), as I only want to change the title showed at the library.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #454
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you for your new version, and the update metadata with plugboard is very nice for me (and it works well), as I only want to change the title showed at the library.
Glad you like it. I had been putting it off for a while but stumbled on some code in calibre last week and realised how easy it would be.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:10 AM   #455
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just updated version 1.6.0 of the plugin. This one has a few changes in it.
  • New: Automatic backup of the device database.

Some of these need some more explanation.

Automatic backup of the device database

The first time the device is connected each day, the device database is backed up. The backup file is created with the timestamp as part of the name. The name aslo includes the model and serial number. This allows for backups for multiple devices. Once the backup is done, a database integrity check is done on the file. If there is a problem, the backup file has "CORRUPT" added to the name an an error is shown.
You sure about this? All my backups are named
Code:
 Directory of D:\Backup\KoboDBBackup

23/03/2014  00:03    <DIR>          .
23/03/2014  00:03    <DIR>          ..
22/03/2014  01:10        20,692,992 KoboReader-corrupted-KoboGlo-613A334012940-20140322-010302.sqlite
23/03/2014  00:03        14,714,880 KoboReader-corrupted-KoboGlo-613A334012940-20140323-000307.sqlite
               2 File(s)     35,407,872 bytes
               2 Dir(s)   3,993,944,064 bytes free
Checks of the device show no errors in the database.

By any chance could this be related to two lines in auto_backup_device_database located in action.py

Code:
backup_file_template = 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}.sqlite'
backup_file_template = 'KoboReader-corrupted-{0}-{1}-{2}.sqlite'
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #456
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You sure about this? All my backups are named
Code:
 Directory of D:\Backup\KoboDBBackup

23/03/2014  00:03    <DIR>          .
23/03/2014  00:03    <DIR>          ..
22/03/2014  01:10        20,692,992 KoboReader-corrupted-KoboGlo-613A334012940-20140322-010302.sqlite
23/03/2014  00:03        14,714,880 KoboReader-corrupted-KoboGlo-613A334012940-20140323-000307.sqlite
               2 File(s)     35,407,872 bytes
               2 Dir(s)   3,993,944,064 bytes free
Checks of the device show no errors in the database.

By any chance could this be related to two lines in auto_backup_device_database located in action.py

Code:
backup_file_template = 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}.sqlite'
backup_file_template = 'KoboReader-corrupted-{0}-{1}-{2}.sqlite'
I left a debug line in. I'll put out an update later. And for the record, if the database is corrupted, "_CORRUPT" is added at the end of the file name.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #457
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.6.1

This is just to fix the naming of the automatic database backup. This was caused by leaving a line of code in that was used for debugging.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #458
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
David, does your plugin create a log file when you check for db errors and you find one?

I'm also thinking about a backup utility, that creates a db backup if the db is not corrupted, and alerts you otherwise. Let me know if I can steal part of your plugin ^^
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:12 AM   #459
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
David, I've found a problem with Release 1.6. I have a reading list which sends books not in device as I connect it. It works with 1.5 but it doesn't send the books (although they're recognized) with 1.6. I've checked it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:13 AM   #460
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
David, does your plugin create a log file when you check for db errors and you find one?
It displays the output from the check in a window. You can copy that to the clipboard.
Quote:
I'm also thinking about a backup utility, that creates a db backup if the db is not corrupted, and alerts you otherwise. Let me know if I can steal part of your plugin ^^
The code is open source under the GPL. You can copy whatever you want. But, the automatic backup that I added in 1.6.0 does this. Well, it takes the backup and then checks the file and tells you if there is a problem.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #461
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
It displays the output from the check in a window. You can copy that to the clipboard.
Good! It's very easy to use for debugging

Quote:
the automatic backup that I added in 1.6.0 does this.
I would do it in Kobo itself. I would create a little bash script that starts at boot and check the db every X hours and backup it if it's changed and not corrupted, otherwise create a log file, that should be displayed as a new book. The problem is only how to consistently check if you have to create the log file or not...

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 03-23-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #462
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
I would do it in Kobo itself. I would create a little bash script that starts at boot and check the db every X hours and backup it if it's changed and not corrupted, otherwise create a log file, that should be displayed as a new book. The problem is only how to consistently check if you have to create the log file or not...
Doing it on the device is a completely different thing. It shouldn't be hard to do the check and copy, but notifying the user is different. I can't remember if I have seen a way to do this mentioned in Kobo developers forum.

Adding a log as a book is easy, but getting it displayed on the list is a problem. You would have to trigger something to process the book and add it to the library. There has been some discussion of this but I don't think there was a satisfactory solution.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #463
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also I'm not sure that a command line sqlite tool exists on the device itself.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #464
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
David, I've found a problem with Release 1.6. I have a reading list which sends books not in device as I connect it. It works with 1.5 but it doesn't send the books (although they're recognized) with 1.6. I've checked it.
I have a send-on-connect reading list as well. It is working with no problems. The only time I have had an issue with the send-on-connect list was when the reading list plugin stopped recognising the device. You should check the settings of the plugin and list to make sure it is still correct.

If the configuration is still correct, can you run calibre in debug mode and post the log? Or email it to me.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #465
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Kobo WiFi Bug!

Just attached my WiFi and got the following error:
Code:
Backing up Kobo device database
DEBUG:    0.0 do_device_database_backup - start
DEBUG:    0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_search= KoboReader-KoboReader-00:08:54:E5:7E:EE-20140328-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].sqlite
DEBUG:    0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_search= D:\Backup\KoboDBBackup\KoboReader-KoboReader-00:08:54:E5:7E:EE-20140328-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].sqlite
DEBUG:    0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_files= []
DEBUG:    0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_name=KoboReader-KoboReader-00:08:54:E5:7E:EE-20140328-010248.sqlite
DEBUG:    0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_path=D:\Backup\KoboDBBackup\KoboReader-KoboReader-00:08:54:E5:7E:EE-20140328-010248.sqlite
DEBUG:    0.0 do_device_database_backup - database_file=K:\.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite
Python function terminated unexpectedly
  [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'D:\\Backup\\KoboDBBackup\\KoboReader-KoboReader-00:08:54:E5:7E:EE-20140328-010248.sqlite' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 132, in main
  File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 139, in arbitrary_n
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 166, in do_device_database_backup
  File "shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'D:\\Backup\\KoboDBBackup\\KoboReader-KoboReader-00:08:54:E5:7E:EE-20140328-010248.sqlite'

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities