Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
New Problem-Merge libraries and preserve date

I have my main Calibre file back, and all the dates are there. But some time ago, I created a pre-2010 and a 2010 file and removed those formats from my main Calibre library.

I did this so that my library would fit in my dropbox limit. But thanks to the generousity of Mobileread members, I now have enough space to put all my books in the same library.

So, I now have 3 libraries - main library, with all my books, but no formats for pre-2011, a 2010 library with all those books, and a pre 2010 library with those books. That means I have over 3000 entires in my main Calibre library, with no formats. Is there a way, other than one-by-one, to merge the libraries. I am fine keeping the metadata in the main Calibre library. I just want to add the 2010 and pre 2010 formats back in, without changing any metadata.

Thanks in advance, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote