Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #151
kfchan
kfchan began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Help! New Problem

I was able to convert books bought from Fictionwise earlier this year, however, the new batch of books (from Fictionwise again) is giving me a different set of problems. I'm gettting:

The Kindleizer v0.1. Copyright (c) 2007 Igor Skochinsky
Encryption: 2
Mobi publication type: 2
Mobi format version: 4
PID doesn't match this file

I'm doing everything the same as I did before, but it's not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:49 AM   #152
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfchan View Post
I was able to convert books bought from Fictionwise earlier this year, however, the new batch of books (from Fictionwise again) is giving me a different set of problems. I'm gettting:

PID doesn't match this file
MobiPocket closed the loophole that allowed FictionWise to accept the Kindle PID. If you login and look at "update your PID" under "update profile", my guess is that the Kindle is no longer there (or there without the "*"). So far as I know, it does not help to try adding the Kindle PID back again. If it is there but corrupted, then try deleting it (you may need to get FictionWise to do this).

I think the only approach that still works with FictionWise MOBIs is to use mobidedrm against another PID, e.g. one for a Windows PC. Note that this strips the DRM (which kindlefix did not do) and may therefore be illegal where you live.

The kindlefix approach still works on OverDrive MOBIs, e.g. some Books on Board and lending library ebooks.
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 02:36 AM   #153
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ok... I can tell you how to associate .py to python to if you want... so you won't have to put python26 at the beginning of the line.

BOb
In Windows, that is done automatically when Python is installed from http://www.python.org. If it's not already done, then something didn't go right with the install and should be deleted and reinstalled.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #154
kfchan
kfchan began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Thanks wallcraft. I'll try the mobiderm convesion.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #155
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In Windows, that is done automatically when Python is installed from http://www.python.org. If it's not already done, then something didn't go right with the install and should be deleted and reinstalled.
Yes I know. And... her .py did show as associated. So, I have no idea why when running the script from the script name didn't work for her. I assumed it was due to lack of association.

I think I did suggest to her to repair/reinstall python.

BOb
Advert
Old 12-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #156
ellecid
ellecid began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Igor's script returns this:

post content modified on Amazon's request

Last edited by ellecid; 12-25-2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: correction
Old 12-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #157
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
post content modified on Amazon's request

Beyond pointing you to the Visual Kindle Guide, which contains step by step instructions to kindlepid, I have no suggestions for how to proceed.b
Old 12-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #158
ellecid
ellecid began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Wallcraft,
Yes, the "kindlepid.y" was a typo, thanks. I managed to finally get the kindlepid script to run by logging out and then logging back in as the administrator. Am using Vista and am learning about the hidden administrator priviledges. I had tried, prior to this last step, right clicking on the command prompt and opening as the administrator before running the script, and that didn't work. Am thinking that not having the hidden administrator priviledges prevented the script from running correctly. Am not exactly sure, because I also accomplished one more uninstall, reinstall as mentioned above. Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #159
4greatscotts
4greatscotts began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm getting the same message. Can you tell me how you figured out to make it work?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #160
spiegels
lifetime reader
spiegels began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
i've got my PID (from Mobipocket 6.0) but when I run Kindlefix, I get an error that says
ljust() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

my command line say...

kindlefix.py borntorun.prc QQWWEEE*ZZ

anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by spiegels; 02-28-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #161
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Due to the circumstance we no longer discuss how-tos for kindlepid.py.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread