Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #346
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
If he's re-releasing Molly, maybe he'll put out an omnibus as part of that? Might take a while though.
That'd make around a 2 1/2 meg ebook.

Last edited by alansplace; 01-29-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #347
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've always:
Spoiler:
felt there was a certain sense of irony (or maybe futility) to the fact that wool pads were used by the cleaners thinking they were giving those left inside a better view (or maybe not; just why "everyone cleaned" was a fascinating topic itself within the silo), when in fact, the simple act of "cleaning" played an intrinsic role in the inhabitants having the wool pulled over their eyes for so long.
THIS!

That's what I thought about why it was called "Wool".
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #348
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I've seen bigger omnibuses. Like a song of ice and fire!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #349
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But he'll probably finish this whole series before he dies.

Not so sure about Mr. Martin here.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 AM   #350
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
But he'll probably finish this whole series before he dies.

Not so sure about Mr. Martin here.
I know. I'm afraid he'll pull a Robert Jordan before he finishes it. (Martin)
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 AM   #351
jhempel24
Wizard

Maybe Brandon Sanderson can come in a save the series too. lol. okay, bad taste.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #352
PurpleStar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Maybe Brandon Sanderson can come in a save the series too. lol. okay, bad taste.
It's okay. I was thinking the same thing.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:53 AM   #353
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
That'd make around a 2 1/2 meg ebook.

Ah! I didn't check the actual length of these books.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 AM   #354
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've always:
Spoiler:
felt there was a certain sense of irony (or maybe futility) to the fact that wool pads were used by the cleaners thinking they were giving those left inside a better view (or maybe not; just why "everyone cleaned" was a fascinating topic itself within the silo), when in fact, the simple act of "cleaning" played an intrinsic role in the inhabitants having the wool pulled over their eyes for so long.
Ah! Now that makes sense, thank you .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #355
Pax
Zealot
Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
^ Good post.

One thing I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know why it's called Wool?
Spoiler:
I don't know why, but I always assumed WOOL is 100M upside down. Maybe because they are living inside the earth...
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #356
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax View Post
Spoiler:
I don't know why, but I always assumed WOOL is 100M upside down. Maybe because they are living inside the earth...
... Sounds less likely than DiapDealer's suggestion. Did you happen to read the book whilst standing on your head?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #357
Pax
Zealot
Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
... Sounds less likely than DiapDealer's suggestion. Did you happen to read the book whilst standing on your head?
Spoiler:
The guys that go out and do the actual cleaning, are able to read the letters on their cleaning suite, as they are upside down.

Did you remember that part of the book?

Check this cover http://www.stumptownbookblog.com/wp-.../04/Wool-2.jpg

Last edited by Pax; 01-29-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #358
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Just purchased the Shift Omnibus, I really enjoyed Wool.

I am also really enjoying Molly Fyde and will be starting on book 4 as my next book.

I like DiapDealer's suggestion about the title.

In regards to a Molly Fyde omnibus, that would be cool but those books were quite a bit longer than the Wool books. Also, I thought I had read a comment from someone on Hugh's website about a book 5 for Molly. Guess we'll see!
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #359
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax View Post
Spoiler:
The guys that go out and do the actual cleaning, are able to read the letters on their cleaning suite, as they are upside down.

Did you remember that part of the book?

Check this cover http://www.stumptownbookblog.com/wp-.../04/Wool-2.jpg
Now that cover is interesting - I've not seen it before. You may be on to something, actually.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #360
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I thought the mayor was knitting wool -- there are also the book subtitles that make reference to knitting ("Book 2 - Proper Gauge" "Book 3 - Casting Off" etc). But I just looked at Book 2 and in fact she is knitting cotton, so I was wrong about that.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote