Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Question Speed reading books recommendations

Sorry if this one was posted already.

I tried long time ago, and now I'm tying again. Looking for was to improve my reading speed and bought this book already which looks interesting:

Breakthrough Rapid Reading

Can anyone else share a different material or even experience? I think that with so many things to read and with the monumental amount of information we're receiving via Internet, speed reading becomes a must, more than a luxury.

By the way, had to go for the pbook. Because the type of exercises these type of books require plus some missing material.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Do you really want to? To me, speed reading is like watching a movie at 2x speed.

Sure, you can still follow all the action, but it requires a lot more attention than if you watch it in a normal manner.

(I naturally read fast, so I've always wanted to be able to read slower. Before getting an e-reader I was always running out of things to read.)
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I took a course a long time ago and found I could apply it, but it kind of ruined the experience and I gave it up after a bit, still I read so slowly I do wish I had a higher gear.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
For non fiction books and some novels, yes, I really want it. For technical or programming books, probably I will not. They require practice too, so makes no senses.

I have a lot of stuff to read, and it will be a good thing for me.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote