Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Dropbox loading problem on my Kindle 3

I've been having problems with Dropbox lately on my Kindle 3.
I get an popup saying unable to load requested page. The only thing that seems to fix it is restarting the Kindle.

The first time it happen it wouldn't load Dropbox at all but would load Dropbox's forum and support pages. The second time it loads Dropbox just fine and allows me to log in but when I try to download any mobi books from my dropbox I get the same message, unable to load requested page.
Again restarting seems to fix it and I am able to download.

This just started happening. Has anyone else had this happen to them and is there a work around this without having to reboot the Kindle each time?

It only does this on Dropbox and no other website.

Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi I also use dropbox to download mobi books but have never encountered the problem you mention.

I assume you are logging in via the full site as the mobile version of dropbox won't let you download to Kindle because it tries to open up a new window which isn't possible.

And what firmware version are you using on your Kindle?

I am using 3.0.3 on my Kindle so will go and try to download a few books now to see if I encounter the same issue.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
No - I've just logged on to the main dropbox site via the Kindle web browser and have successfully managed to download mobi files in both the public section of my dropbox folders and from other folders with no issue.

If you are also logging into dropbox.com then I can only think it may be because your Kindle is not on the 3.0.3 firmware - or that it is maybe an intermittent glitch which will be harder to catch.

Note that I've just downloaded files with a .mobi extension and not any other file types.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks I will try updating to 3.0.3 and see if this fixes the problem. My Kindle came with 3.0.2

I am using the full Dropbox site not the mobile one. This just started happening after the first of the year.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote