Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
More "news" on Surface pricing

Price for the new Surface Tablet (RT) is 199? Valley girl screech "OMG OMG OMG!"
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
These reports are just silly.
If MS did that, they would remove any chance of their being OEM manufacturers of Win8RT tablets, as MS would have left them no market to operate in.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
IF that price turns out to be correct, I'll probably just have to get me one. Every preview I've read has been surprisingly, almost overwhelmingly, positive and considering the specs I certainly can't fault that price. Can't really see it being true though.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #4
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well it's the RT version. The other OEM manufacturers might focus on the intel version anyway. And maybe microsoft had decided to go with a new approach. I'm assuming that the LA Times has some contacts in Redmond and that they wouldn't go with this story without some level of confirmation...

Last edited by VaporPunk; 08-15-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm certainly hoping you're right; I just want to be prepared for it to turn out to be bovine manure.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #6
VaporPunk
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
I'm certainly hoping you're right; I just want to be prepared for it to turn out to be bovine manure.
Heehee. Well said. And wise. I'm just an optimist. When people said Google would never come out with a quad-core $199 tablet, they did. They also said mini iPad, no never! So yes, it sounds unlikely but...
Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #7
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
IF that price turns out to be correct, I'll probably just have to get me one. Every preview I've read has been surprisingly, almost overwhelmingly, positive and considering the specs I certainly can't fault that price. Can't really see it being true though.
I don't believe it, but if it really turns out to be $199 I will get at least 5 or more. One for me and the rest as gifts to friends and family.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #8
VaporPunk
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I don't believe it, but if it really turns out to be $199 I will get at least 5 or more. One for me and the rest as gifts to friends and family.
Hey Hans, did I tell ya lately how awesome you are. Let's be friends!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #9
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
Hey Hans, did I tell ya lately how awesome you are. Let's be friends!

No you didn't tell me yet Glad to be your friend!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #10
VaporPunk
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
No you didn't tell me yet Glad to be your friend!
Cool, I'll be waiting for my Surface to be delivered in October sometime then...

Old 08-15-2012, 03:53 AM   #11
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
Cool, I'll be waiting for my Surface to be delivered in October sometime then...

Why not, of course you will still have to work your way up to that select "Surface" group... From now until October, that gives you plenty of time to convince me that you are worthy
Old 08-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #12
Belfaborac
Wizard

I was about to compliment you just then Hans, but that last post made me realise that there's a very definite limit to how much flattery and a**kissing $200 will buy...
Old 08-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #13
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
I was about to compliment you just then Hans, but that last post made me realise that there's a very definite limit to how much flattery and a**kissing $200 will buy...
Everything is more expensive in Norway.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #14
Belfaborac
Wizard

Sadly that's all too true...
Old 08-15-2012, 04:49 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Which appstore will the RT use?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote