Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-28-2021, 08:35 AM   #1
siclib
siclib began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Poke 2
Exclamation Uncaught Security Error: Block a frame... when read online on Safari and Chrome

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum.
I hosted my server on my old windows PC for few months and now for some reason I took a next step and try to learn and host calibre on ubuntu on a cloud.
Everything goes as planned but for some reasons when I use chrome and safari to open online any book this error pop up. I tried with Brave and nothing happen.

I follow exactly this tutorial on create service and config apache2

https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-20-04

I don't know what else to provide but i can provide more information
thank you very much
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unhandled-error (2).JPG
Views:	155
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	190494  

Last edited by siclib; 11-28-2021 at 08:38 AM. Reason: image too big
siclib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
First thing to do is uninstall the ubuntu provided calibre and install the official binary from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux hopefully that will fix it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:40 AM   #3
siclib

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
First thing to do is uninstall the ubuntu provided calibre and install the official binary from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux hopefully that will fix it.
thank you your fast response. ill give it a try
Old 11-28-2021, 08:59 AM   #4
siclib

Quote:
The error is still there.
The error log says nothing

here is my service config

## startup service
[Unit]
Description=calibre content server
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=exampleuser
Group=examplegroup
ExecStart=/opt/calibre/calibre-server /mnt/calibre/library/Books /mnt/calibre/library/Dictionaries /mnt/calibre/library/Staff '/mnt/calibre/library/Guests' --auth-mode="basic" --enable-local-write --enable-auth --log="/mnt/calibre/library/log/error.log" --access-log="/mnt/calibre/library/log/access.log" --disable-log-not-found

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Old 11-28-2021, 09:07 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

put the libraries after the options, not before.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:20 AM   #6
siclib

Quote:
put the libraries after the options, not before.
thank you, I tried, but the error is still there
Old 11-28-2021, 09:33 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

And are you running behind a reverse proxy? Does it happen if you access the page on the same computer as the server is running on? Or form a desktop browser? And if so open the javascript concole in the browser and post anything you see there.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:57 AM   #8
siclib

Quote:
And are you running behind a reverse proxy?
Yes this is my Apache2 config
LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName your_domain
AllowEncodedSlashes On
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass "/" "http://localhost:8080/"
</VirtualHost>

Quote:
Does it happen if you access the page on the same computer as the server is running on? Or form a desktop browser? And if so open the javascript concole in the browser and post anything you see there.
Thats the tricky part since i do everything with terminal, because its a headless server on DigitalOcean, and i am also a newbie.

But as I know, it runs smoothly on Brave. Also smoothly on Safari, Chrome with Same-Origin policy turned off. But I dont think thats a solution, just a quick fix.

Hope anyone can give me some clues on how to troubleshoot or get some debugging info for you guys to figure out the problem.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:12 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

This will most likely be a proxy config issue. Try running without a proxy to test.

You can also forward the port using ssh to your some computer and connect like that. To bypass the proxy and test with the browser on your home computer. Just google forwarding ports with ssh.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:33 AM   #10
siclib

Thumbs up

Quote:
This will most likely be a proxy config issue. Try running without a proxy to test.

You can also forward the port using ssh to your some computer and connect like that. To bypass the proxy and test with the browser on your home computer. Just google forwarding ports with ssh.
After some troubleshooting, I found out that the problem is not in server but on my browser. I use an extension called Trace. Make an entry for my server and it works.
Thank you for your support

Tags
content server, error, web