Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-12-2022, 04:45 PM   #106
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Up to you. I only support the last version of the v2 series myself.

FYI, I added Remove call to setTabStopWidth from raw prefs viewer--changed in qt6 and not needed to my list above.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:12 AM   #107
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Question

I don't know if this is a good place, but I noticed a problem with the dark mode that disappears and switches to the default (light), although nothing changes in the system (dark mode default).
I noticed this first in 5.99.2, and since the 5.99.3 beta, I see it almost every day.

Steps:
I run calibre and the program works all the time.
I do other things
I go back to calibre, and there is a light theme.

Windows 10 Pro 21H1, calibre 5.99.3 (beta)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-5.99.3-dark-to-light.png
Views:	98
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	191715  
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:54 AM   #108
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
colors get changed when qt sends a applicationplettechnged event to calibre. I would guess that event is snt by qt when it gets some event from the os notifying it of a changed color theme.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:33 AM   #109
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
When the Device is attached (Nook Glowlight), clicking on the Title column header in Device view causes this crash and afterwards you cannot change Library view (all options greyed out in that menu).
You can still eject the device but that also gives the same exception type on the same line in config_base.py. Afterwards the only action possible is to close Calibre via the Windows X close box. Again it issues the same exception.

Click Title to sort :
Code:
calibre, version 5.99.3
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:&lt;SortOrder.DescendingOrder: 1&gt; is not JSON serializable

calibre 5.99.3  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19043 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19043')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19043', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 3) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 0) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Quick Preferences (1, 5, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 557, in user_sort_requested
  File "calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 574, in intelligent_sort
  File "calibre\utils\config.py", line 438, in __setitem__
  File "calibre\utils\config.py", line 401, in commit
  File "calibre\utils\config.py", line 422, in to_raw
  File "calibre\utils\config_base.py", line 100, in json_dumps
  File "json\__init__.py", line 238, in dumps
  File "json\encoder.py", line 201, in encode
  File "json\encoder.py", line 431, in _iterencode
  File "json\encoder.py", line 405, in _iterencode_dict
  File "json\encoder.py", line 438, in _iterencode
  File "calibre\utils\config_base.py", line 53, in to_json
TypeError: <SortOrder.DescendingOrder: 1> is not JSON serializable
Click Eject Device
Code:
calibre, version 5.99.3
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:&lt;SortOrder.DescendingOrder: 1&gt; is not JSON serializable

Python 3.10.1
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 3) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 0) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Quick Preferences (1, 5, 0)
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 352, in umount_device
  File "calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 677, in __call__
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1098, in device_detected
  File "calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 684, in save_state
  File "calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 1441, in write_state
  File "calibre\utils\config.py", line 383, in set
  File "calibre\utils\config.py", line 438, in __setitem__
Click X to close
Code:
calibre, version 5.99.3

Python 3.10.1
  File "calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 1205, in closeEvent
  File "calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 1055, in write_settings
  File "calibre\utils\config.py", line 411, in __exit__
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:37 AM   #110
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@georgemk: Thanks, this should take care of it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...e3474e3ddeea7c
Old 01-22-2022, 11:38 AM   #111
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
@kovid Thank you, that fixed worked here.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:24 PM   #112
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
message of the commit "More pyqt6 enum goodness"
Hum, I feel a certain emotion in this 'goodness', right?

This migration must have been a lot of fun.
Thank you for taking so much care to make this one as smooth and transparent as possible for small plugin developers like me, so much so that it would not have been seen.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:42 PM   #113
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You are most welcome!

Yeah the enum changes in PyQt6 alone needed hundreds of commits to port, many of them are actually in master rather than qt6 branch. Indeed, I created the whole "from qt.core import" machinery just to ease this transition and future ones like it.

On a personal note, I have to say that the last few years for me have been quite frustrating in calibre land as I have had to spend all my time and energy porting things first from Qt4 -> Qt5 which involved rewriting the entire viewer to use Qt WebEngine, then from python2 -> python3 and now for Qt5 -> Qt6 and the associated work getting calibre to build on ARM. I am really looking forward to all this busywork being done so I can get back to developing actual features.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:28 PM   #114
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
message of the commit "More pyqt6 enum goodness"
Hum, I feel a certain emotion in this 'goodness', right?
As someone who runs from source sometimes, I get amusement by some of the commit messages. "More PyQt6 nonsense" or "Another PyQt enum waste of time" or just "oops"
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:13 AM   #115
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
As someone who runs from source sometimes, I get amusement by some of the commit messages. "More PyQt6 nonsense" or "Another PyQt enum waste of time" or just "oops"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
On a personal note, I have to say that the last few years for me have been quite frustrating in calibre land as I have had to spend all my time and energy porting things [...] I am really looking forward to all this busywork being done so I can get back to developing actual features.
Ah. Well, let's hope that you are done with this race against the world of depreciating elements, and you could relax a bit after all this and develop the features of your choice at your own pace.

... but knowing the speed of evolution in the world of technology, there is... 50% for a new horror to fall on you.
So really literally: Good luck, my heart goes out to you.

In the best of all worlds: any ideas for the next Calibre direction?
Old 01-24-2022, 03:31 PM   #116
un_pogaz
Chalut o/

Okay, I'm posting here, because it concerns the very fresh development of Calibre, and I'm not sure if it's a bug (or at least, I lack explanation)

for a plugin I'm looking at the FieldMetadata from "calibre.library.field_metadata", and I discovered that the "custom_series_index" fields are not marked as custom fields.
Code:
{
    'table': None,
    'column': None,
    'datatype': 'float',
    'is_multiple': {},
    'kind': 'field',
    'name': '',
    'search_terms': ['#custom_series_index'],
    'label': 'custom_series_index',
    'colnum': None,
    'display': {},
    'is_custom': False,
    'is_category': False,
    'link_column': None,
    'category_sort': None,
    'is_editable': False,
    'is_csp': False,
    'rec_index': 37
}
If it's a bug, it's old, V4. It would be too weird that it went unnoticed all this time.

Last edited by un_pogaz; 01-24-2022 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:50 PM   #117
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The field LABEL is just that, only for human consumption. It can be anything
The real field has the #fieldname. That is what you use.
Ther is no need for both to even be close.
Note: you can change the Label on existing custom columns. I'm not sure you can change the 'lookupname' (#fieldname)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:13 PM   #118
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
Okay, I'm posting here, because it concerns the very fresh development of Calibre, and I'm not sure if it's a bug (or at least, I lack explanation)

for a plugin I'm looking at the FieldMetadata from "calibre.library.field_metadata", and I discovered that the "custom_series_index" fields are not marked as custom fields.
Code:
{
    'table': None,
    'column': None,
    'datatype': 'float',
    'is_multiple': {},
    'kind': 'field',
    'name': '',
    'search_terms': ['#custom_series_index'],
    'label': 'custom_series_index',
    'colnum': None,
    'display': {},
    'is_custom': False,
    'is_category': False,
    'link_column': None,
    'category_sort': None,
    'is_editable': False,
    'is_csp': False,
    'rec_index': 37
}
If it's a bug, it's old, V4. It would be too weird that it went unnoticed all this time.
That is because series indices aren't real columns, custom or otherwise. Every series-type column 'lookup_name' has an associated virtual column 'lookup_name_index', added automatically when the series-type column is added to field metadata. The value of that virtual column comes either from the book record (series) or from the series link table (#series).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:22 PM   #119
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
. . .
Note: you can change the Label on existing custom columns. I'm not sure you can change the 'lookupname' (#fieldname)
You can change the Lookup name, the only attribute of a custom column that can't be changed is the Column type.

If you change a Lookup name it will ripple through the metadata.opf files in the book folders.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:38 PM   #120
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The field LABEL is just that, only for human consumption. It can be anything
The real field has the #fieldname. That is what you use.
Ther is no need for both to even be close.
I think the post is about this key:
'is_custom' : False
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote