Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
drcjsnider
drcjsnider began at the beginning.

Device: none
Updating Calibre

I am running version 0.4.412. If I update to the new version will I have to re-add all my books, tags, etc. individually?
drcjsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hopefully not, but keep a backup of your library folder to be sure. And if you can find a 0.5.x version, i'd recommend upgrading to that first then to the 0.6 series.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
drcjsnider
drcjsnider began at the beginning.

Device: none
It worked. Everything got transfered over going straight from 0.4.412 to current version.
drcjsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Glad to hear it. I do try to be careful to ensure that doing this will continue to work as calibre evolves, so it's always god to hear that it actually does work
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote