Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Red face Table of contents and time question

I have a PRS 505 bought recently from the UK, which I think has a different firmware to the US (but I may be wrong here).

I have two questions and hope someone is clever enough to be able to help me out.

Question 1 - In the 'table of contents' part of the reader menu is it possible to configure the reader so that the text size is always the same instead of showing short titles in large text and longer titles in smaller text? I would prefer all the titles to be shown in the smaller text because I think it looks nicer.

Is there any way to do this? Would it mean changing my firmware? I don't know how to do this but will be happy to give it a go as long as it doesn't brick my reader.

Question 2 - It would be really nice to have the time displayed on the bottom right of the screen where it shows battery power on the left and page number in the middle. I can't find any option for this in the utilities and I think this is a great oversight since the reader keeps track of the time in the system. Is it possible to display this?

Any suggestions would be welcome.
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi LizzieLou,
You can do all this and more. There is a (very long) thread telling you all about it here
[URL="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27177[/URL]

I had my PRS-505 for ages before I had the nerve to try the upgrade. But it worked flawlessly once I followed the instructions carefully.

J.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Red face

Hi Jackie

Thank you so much for this. Like you, I thought long and hard before applying these changes, but when I did I was surprised at how easy it was.

Lizzielou
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote