Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Lightbulb CBZ Java Viewer for iLiad

I took the previous test case and buffed it up into a full fledged viewer.

Yeah, needs a background thread to fill a cache, but what do you want for something buffed up over lunch?

Copy CBZViewer.jar and cbz.sh from the zip to your /home/intent then edit er_registry.txt with the following:

Code:
[USER_APPLICATIONS]
uaIDList=SHELL;BROWSER;IPDF;APABIMOBI;IMAGEVIEWER;SETUP;PROFILES;EBA;MOBIPOCKET;DJVU;CBZ
[CBZ]
category=viewer
arguments=<FILENAME>
exec=/home/intent/cbz.sh
xResourceName=intent
channel=15
extensions=cbz;CBZ
[EXTENSION_INFO]
bz=/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png
CBZ=/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png
Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip cbzviewer-0.1.zip (7.4 KB, 795 views)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I've made an unrar binary for the iLiad. With that, would CBR support be possible as well?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

I don't know, what do you mean by an "unrar binary"? If you mean an unrar JAR then yes, I could whip that into CBZViewer and rename it. Or you could post a CBRViewer!

Right now my weekend goals are to combine DJVU and CBZ into one viewer with a combined file format for saving the page number into.

My current thinking is to use the Sony Reader's <cache xmlns="http://www.kinoma.com/FskCache/1"> for the file. That way when I port things like my existing RTF reader and a Java PDB viewer I'll also have a place to stash the page break data.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
You are so cool.

Now I just need to get me some cbz files....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
I don't know, what do you mean by an "unrar binary"? If you mean an unrar JAR then yes
No, it's the compiled arm executable. You'd need to make some external calls to unrar the file before loading it into your viewer.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #6
scotty1024
Banned

I discovered that some CBZ files don't internally store the files in order in the ZIP archive. Very strange if you ask me... so I've added code to sort the names so the pages will be presented in the correct order even when they aren't stored in sequence.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cbzviewer-0.2.zip (7.6 KB, 680 views)
Old 05-12-2007, 01:43 AM   #7
scotty1024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
No, it's the compiled arm executable. You'd need to make some external calls to unrar the file before loading it into your viewer.
I'm pretty sure I can do it all in Java, thanks anyway.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:15 AM   #8
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
I'd like to have the unrar binary! I often download files directly into the iliad using wget (I hate cables), and it is irritating to have to first download it to my desktop computer and then unrar it and then transfer it.

And a better unzip (that actually works) would be nice to. Perhaps 7-zip can be compiled for ARM? Or p7zip, which is a port of the command-line 7-zip for Linux/Unix?
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:02 AM   #9
dedo
Enthusiast
dedo doesn't litterdedo doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR800
Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
I'd like to have the unrar binary! I often download files directly into the iliad using wget (I hate cables), and it is irritating to have to first download it to my desktop computer and then unrar it and then transfer it.

And a better unzip (that actually works) would be nice to. Perhaps 7-zip can be compiled for ARM? Or p7zip, which is a port of the command-line 7-zip for Linux/Unix?
"UnRAR for Familiar Linux" avaible from http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm should work
dedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:20 AM   #10
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedo
"UnRAR for Familiar Linux" avaible from http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm should work
cool, thx
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:52 AM   #11
mill0r
mill0r doesn't littermill0r doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader, iRex iLiad
I am not much of developer, but managed to do the steps described but alas no join .. the icon of a cbz file is still an X like with unsupported formats and opening the file gives a short led flash and nothing ... :-(
mill0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:39 AM   #12
scotty1024
Banned

@mill0r I'd suggest using the Booster Pack version, it has the CBZViewer and it comes with an installer.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #13
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Not meaning to resurrect a dead thread, but I was curious if RAR support was ever added to the CBZ viewer? If not, then maybe the unrar binary can still be used along with a script that renames CBR's to RAR, unrar's them to their own folders, and then deletes the original file. That way CBR's could be viewed like a photo album.

Just checking, thanks!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote