HELP half of the SCREEN FREEZE

can anyone help me
the upper half of the screen can't be reflesh
it only display the pervious standby picture
chanwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Di you try a soft re-set?
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
chanwc
chanwc began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
Di you try a soft re-set?
doesn't help
Old 05-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Hard one's next then, but make sure you back-up content, 'cos you'll lose all that.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Just try a power recycle before you do a hard reset it can sometimes help
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
chanwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Hard one's next then, but make sure you back-up content, 'cos you'll lose all that.
i have tried but the problem is still here

i should state the problem clearly

there is no proble last night, i turn the t1 to standby mode. next day the problem happen.
it works properly, the only problem is that the upper half of the screen only shown the previous standby picture and the bottom half of the screen shown the home menu
now i can only see the lower part

i have tried all mean, reset, hard reset, use the restore pack

p.s. i don't live in US so i can't return to it to repair
Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Photo?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
chanwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Photo?
video added for everyone to see the problem
i buy it 3 months ONLY!!!
http://youtu.be/EK3GhC6kpTU
Old 05-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #9
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Only time I had a problem like yours my reader was on my cramped roadster's center console in padded sleeve under a light jacket. It was damaged from excess elbow pressure. Before that and after I never used a case with no problems because I was super careful with delicate reader screen.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:02 AM   #10
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
That's clearly a broken screen. No chance to repair it by yourself.

Try to ship it in for warranty or buy a new reader...

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #11
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Yep, definitely broken glass. Sorry.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #12
chanwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Yep, definitely broken glass. Sorry.
i put it in the bag and bring with it as before
is the e-ink screen so frangible when normal use
Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
It's glass. Anything else inside the bag that might put pressure against the glass unevenly can break it. Most of us keep our readers inside hard covers or cases to help prevent just such accidents.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did you keep your T1 in a case in your bag?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanwc View Post
i put it in the bag and bring with it as before
is the e-ink screen so frangible when normal use
Basically all of the readers use the same screens, so my comments about my Kindle do apply....

I carry my Kindle daily in my backpack. I bought the thick and somewhat rigid leather case that Amazon sells because I knew I'd be carrying it around a lot. As has already been said, it is glass, a fairly thin piece and fairly large. Who knows what happens in a bag... bags swing, they hit door jams, they get put down, picked up, squeezed between people in crowds, etc... Mine has gone > 1.5 years of being carried under my arm, in my backpack, in my bike bags, in dry bags in a kayak (even having flipped the boat and had it float downstream in the bag!), tossed onto a car seat while driving (and flying to the floorboards while stopping), stolen and recovered (and having its case broken in the meantime), yet the screen still works perfectly. Glass is fickle... the lightest touch can shatter it in one case and a major crash can do nothing in another. An impact that appears to do nothing can create invisible damage that puts it under stress so that a week later it breaks "just sitting there"... it's really hard to say.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote