Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
How to get the Nook Tablet for $214

This applies to people who shop at B&N on a regular basis. If you don't, then these are false savings.

Nook Tablet = $249 - $25 - $10 = $214

* discount is limited to one new device per new or renewal Membership term only.
^ using the $100 gift card for the Nook purchase and applying the eGift Card to a future purchase.

The Member discount is also available for the Nook Color ($25) and any other Nook ($10).

Final Prices
  • Nook Tablet = $214
  • Nook Color = $164
  • Nook Touch = $79

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-08-2011 at 09:02 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Wait, if you have to use the $10 discount on a FUTURE purchase, how does that save you $10 on the Tablet?
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
Another option to save a little is to go through ebates, which gives a new member rebate and then currently 8% back for BN. Then you can use a cash-back CC to get a little more..my Citi Freedom card gives about 4% back for bookstore purchases (even Amazon). One post I saw said that Albertson's usually has a 20% off giftcard deal around Christmas, so that's an option also if you want to wait.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:03 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Wait, if you have to use the $10 discount on a FUTURE purchase, how does that save you $10 on the Tablet?
Because you shop at B&N on a regular basis and you'll make future purchases anyway; including a new cover for your Tablet.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoshka View Post
Another option to save a little is to go through ebates, which gives a new member rebate and then currently 8% back for BN. Then you can use a cash-back CC to get a little more..my Citi Freedom card gives about 4% back for bookstore purchases (even Amazon). One post I saw said that Albertson's usually has a 20% off giftcard deal around Christmas, so that's an option also if you want to wait.
Thanks for the heads up. I have this thread going in two forums; this one and the Deals Forum to alert current and potential owners of Nook. We're currently discussing your tips over there.
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This applies to people who shop at B&N on a regular basis. If you don't, then these are false savings.

Nook Tablet = $249 - $25 - $10 = $214

* discount is limited to one new device per new or renewal Membership term only.
^ using the $100 gift card for the Nook purchase and applying the eGift Card to a future purchase.

The Member discount is also available for the Nook Color ($25) and any other Nook ($10).

Final Prices
  • Nook Tablet = $214
  • Nook Color = $164
  • Nook Touch = $79
Let me get this straight, since my math might be off...

I spend $125 so I can save $35 dollars?

Your starting to sound like my wife, every time I hear her say she saved me money I start to get real worried.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post

No, you're already a B&N Member or were going to join anyway - $25 savings.

You buy a $100 gift card and use it to pay for part of the cost of the tablet. That gets you a free $10 gift card for future purchases, which you were going to make anyway.

Like I said:

Quote:
Old 11-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Like I said:
I missed that part yes it's a nice 10% discount for members, but I don't shop that often in B&N to buy one.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post

Your starting to sound like my wife, every time I hear her say she saved me money I start to get real worried.

=X=
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
awesomeani
awesomeani began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Lightbulb

By my math there is only a $10 definite savings, plus a variable $ amount of savings.

See:

$249 Cost of the Tablet
+$ 25 Cost of the B&N Membership
- $ 25 Discount given to B&N Members on Nook Tablet
=$249 (at this point there is no real savings since you just get back the cost of the membership.

The definite discount comes from purchasing the gift certificates.

$249 Cost of Nook Tablet and B&N Membership (or just the Nook Tablet by itself.)
-$ 10 certificate for purchasing a $100 eGift Card.
=$239 Total purchase price on the Nook.

The rest of the discounts are variable and will be determined by how much you actually spend at B&N with your new Member Discounts. To apply the $25 dollar one time discount members get on a Nook Tablet or Color as an actual discount is sort of misleading because you have to buy the membership at some point. Just because it may have been purchased a few months before the Nook purchase doesn't mean the discount is free, or even a discount really. Basically, you just get your $25 membership fee back in the form of a lower price for the Nook. You pay the same price for the Nook whether you are a member or not. The eGift Card is a true price reduction since you can use your gift card you just purchased on your Nook, so that is basically a free $10. I wonder if you can buy 2 $100 eGift Cards and get $20 off?

Either way this is a great plan to save a little money. I am going to buy a Nook Tablet whether I have a discount or not so If I can get a Membership along with it without spending extra money that is great! It will end up saving me money in the long run. Plus free money is always nice, even if you have to game the system a little to get it (eGift Cards.) Thanks for the post!
awesomeani is offline   Reply With Quote